Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 279 Posts

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,494 Posts
FRANCE VS ENGLAND WC FINAL

FRANCE 3 - 0 ENGLAND

POGBA AKA UGA UGA REDONDO SCORES A HAT-TRICK.

·
Banned
21,916 Posts
SHould be a great game...

England is very dangerous on set pieces...and have guys with speed....

While we have Luka and Rakitic...

·
Registered
7,509 Posts
I'm very curious as to how England will approach this. Will they go for the usual attacking display? Or will they approach Croatia cautiously? Man for man, Croatia is much stronger, experienced, talented, rugged individuals, fight back to get the ball immediately. England should invite Croatia for the attack and just counter with speed. If Croatia are feeling sore after that previous match, it could work well for them. If they want to trade shots, go back and forth in an open attacking game, that'll play into Croatia's hands even if Croatia is a bit spent. Kind of risky.

·
Registered
17,498 Posts
V tight but its coming home :D

·
We will ROCK u
6,875 Posts
Trust me.. Croatia won't be tired...this is the semis man! They r so close . U think they will let tired legs let them down...the adrenaline will be pumping into their bods ....Croatia are ready for prime time, baby!!

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
No, they will definitely be tired. They were tired today and it showed, and it almost cost them the game. The silly foul that led to that free kick and the lack of reaction in the set piece can at least be partly explained because of that. Furthermore, it was obvious they were tired. Some of them even were clearly injured, and others are in danger of injury -- this includes players as important as Modric and Mandzukic, simply because of the minutes played, distances ran, intensity, and rest time. So it will definitely be a factor.

Having said that, of course they still have a chance.

England would still be favorites even regardless of the physical aspect. IMO Croatia should be playing better, more free flowing football with that magnificent squad. I'd think especially for this game and given the circumstances the formation should switch to a three men midfield with Modric and Rakitic better covered, freer to create, covering less ground, and having to do less defensive duties.

Reactions: Krle

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
our midfield maestros will make mincemeat out of Englands scrubs

England has a better striker but Croatia has better GK, defense, midfielders and wingers (slightly)

however Croatia will have to beat both England and the ref just like in the Russia game

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
Already with excuses I see? What did the referee do wrong against Russia?

·
Registered
13,935 Posts
I think the WC champion will be the winner of the other semi-final. No hate to the two countries here I just think both of those teams are better than either of these teams. That being said, anything can happen :D. While I think that Croatia has the man-for-man better team I think the snaggletooths play a better team game so I'll give them the edge.

·
Registered
12,161 Posts
our midfield maestros will make mincemeat out of Englands scrubs

England has a better striker but Croatia has better GK, defense, midfielders and wingers (slightly)

however Croatia will have to beat both England and the ref just like in the Russia game
Croatia's gk didn't look good. Only your mid is better.

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Already with excuses I see? What did the referee do wrong against Russia?

Gave them basically zero yellow cards and us several even though they had more fouls and us more possession...

I don’t blame him for wanting to make it out of the stadium and Russia above, it is Putin after all but it’s annoying being a small country and the calls always going the other way (granted some are warranted, Vida shirt off, Pivarić hand ball etc)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Croatia's gk didn't look good. Only your mid is better.

Saved three PKs the other night and came up with several keys Dave’s tonight AFTER being injured!

The best part is our backup goalie is even better than our starter!!!!

And our defenders are better plus wingers too. They have Kane and he is better than our forwards by far but otherwise we have the edge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 279 Posts