Thomas Muller - Mesut Ozil - Lukas Podolski
Mario Gomez

Italy

Gianluigi Buffon
Ignazio Abate - Andrea Barzagli - Leonardo Bonucci - Federico Balzaretti
Claudio Marchisio - Daniele De Rossi - Andrea Pirlo
Riccardo Montolivo
Mario Balotelli - Antonio Cassano​

All the talk about the 2006 WC semifinal rematch goes here!

·
Registered
34,454 Posts
Projected? :wth:

And Abate is injured, Maggio suspended, Italy might actually play 3-5-2 if Chiellini is able to come back and that also opens door for Motta, with Monto going back to bench, Marchisio is also doubt as it was confirmed he would have been one of the penalty takers against England but had just got injured before the final whistle of extra time, so doubts over him too, and that could push Nocerino to starting XI after good showing against England coming from bench and possibly being a bigger threat than Marchisio in the attacking play.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Multiple choice? Just asking for double votes. :D

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
This is all setup for Germany to progress. Two more days rest after playing an easy game. Italy will have to dig down deep and provide a herculean effort in order to compete I think.

·
Pepe the Beast
4,493 Posts
This will be the best match of the tournament.

Like 06

·
Registered
131 Posts
This won't be an easy match for either team I think. Italy usually has Germany's number but the Italians must be tired from the long match against England and having fewer days of rest.

Overall though I have to say that this is a fairly accurate top 4 in Europe right now. They've all played well and all are deserving finalists.

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
Well Italy are going to find this match a huge difference to their opposition in the quarter finals.

Never can write Italy off they tend to find reserves and dig deep when it matters but Germany's greater fire power should see them through.

Also Pirlo you would think will not have the run of the show like he did against England. Germany's midfield is better equipped and will not allow it although Pirlo only needs a few opportunities to be decisive with a throughball.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I think Italy will nick it...Germany seems ‘unlucky’ since adopting this sexy football style of theirs dating back to the 06 WC where they were favourites same for the ’08 Euros & the last WC very un-German like not to win with those teams...they also never can beat Italy in major competitions...

Italy just seemed to have come out of nowhere...with players like Diamati making a contribution...they are playing well...and Pirlo is dominating like few Italian players have in a very long time...they can’t score but maybe they won’t need to...just like yesterday...

·
poco loco
3,657 Posts
Germany with a 3-1 win! gigi buffon also bet his money on that, hence..... :smileani:

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Germany will be more clinical than Italy was last night so I think Germans will edge it. Balotelli is worst than Mario Gomez in finishing in this tournament. Germans will be better than England so Italians can't hold out for penalties, which in any case Germany will win anyway. The manager will be more prepared and understand his team more, been with them for three tournaments already. So it's about time Joachim Loew and Germany gets the winner for all the work he's done.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Italy have beaten Germany in 1970 WC semi-finals...1982 WC Finals and 2006 WC semi-finals!

Revenge is due...

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
This is all setup for Germany to progress. Two more days rest after playing an easy game. Italy will have to dig down deep and provide a herculean effort in order to compete I think.
I agree with this, Germany's extra days of rest could prove to be decisive. But then again, this is exactly one of those situations in which Italy could do well in - nobody expected anything from them before the tournament, nobody expected anything from them during the tournament and nobody's expecting anything from them in this particular game either. They've exceeded expectations just by getting to the semis so all the pressure is on Germany really.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Will be a great occasion but this time Germany will get the better of us. In 2006 I always we thought we had the better players anyway, this time is not the case.

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Germany better team on paper easily

But Italy always go final every 6years in last almost 20years(1994,2000,2006):proud:

And Italy always eat Germany in major match:pp:strong:

I think Germany's long break cause match-sense problem in this match:strong:

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
I like the Germans but Italy would be the last team I'd ever wanna face once you get around the qtrs or beyond in a tournament. They make it seem as if they genuienly would die for one another. Grosso's goal and the aftermath of it against Germany in 06 is my "moment" of this generation. Unbelievable stuff.

1 - 20 of 357 Posts