1 - 20 of 670 Posts

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
vs.

BRAZIL VS. GERMANY
Estadio Mineirao (Belo Horizonte) | Tue, July 8 | 17:00 local time

The first of the two semifinals to determine who will be in this year's World Cup final. Brazil are chasing their 6th overall win and looking to erase painful memories of the 1950 Maracanazo while Germany are looking for their 4th and first in 24 years, after last winning it in Italia 1990.

The big team news obviously comes for the Selecao, with captain Thiago Silva suspended and their star player Neymar being out for the rest of the tournament with a fractured vertabrae. Luiz Gustavo returns from suspension. Germany are only missing Shkodran Mustafi through injury.

Ramires, Alves, Hulk, Jo, Cesar, Howedes, Lahm, Khedira, and Schweinsteiger are all one booking away from a suspension.

Prediction: Whilst I do feel that Silva and Neymar's absences could still unify the Brazilians to try and prove a point without them even in front of their passionate crowd, the way the team has played up to now in this tournament doesn't inspire much confidence that they could win. Football does work in mysterious ways sometimes and it very well is still possible that they go on to win this game and the cup in the end, but I'll go with a narrow German win here, just because they look like they have found the right formula and are hitting their stride at just the right moment.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
with Silva and Neymar out, the Germans have a pretty big advantage. Of course they are still playing in Brazil and they haven't lost a competitive game there in forever but I don't know if that will be enough to overcome their losses. 2-1 win for Germany is my prediction.

·
Rei Brasileiro
8,569 Posts
How long are these effin cards stay ? I thought after the quarter finals they reset. Its so dumb that Silva is out of a semi because of something he did in the first round. Much less anyone missing the finals because of it something in the first round.

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,482 Posts
Brazil will win this game by one goal if not via pks!!!

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Brazil will win this game by one goal if not via pks!!!
PK's? Are you mad? Did you see the disgraceful PK's from Brazil against Chile? Germany has never lost a PK in the world cup (I think).

But yeah it will be a close game...despite the fact that Brazil will be missing two of its most important players. Before that I would have given the edge to Brazil...but now it's very even.

Still I think that somehow Brazil will be more motivated and pull out all the stops to win. Germany has at times looked a bit lackadaisical.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
My mind say Germany, but my heart wants a Brazil-Argentina final. Although it will mean Brazil will have significant chance at the title, but the possibility of seeing them lose the title on their ground to Argentina is a chance I am willing to take.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I want to say Germany but look how they played against Algeria. At the same time we have one of the most "average" Brazilian teams in a long while missing their #10 and the captain. I would say Germany wins but it will be either 2-1 or with a large lead like 3-0 or more. I think if Germany plays this right we can see a Spain esque collapse of the Brazilian team.

All I know is when Brazil looses it will be hell in the streets of the cities.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
The question is how many goals will Germany get disalloaed?
Where did this nonsense originate from? You would think the opposing teams had goals disallowed left and right. While in reality there were ZERO incorrectly disallowed goals in favor of Brazil—at least in the playoffs.

1 - 20 of 670 Posts