Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two steps away from lifting the first piece of silverware this season. That's how close both these teams are... However, their priorities for winning the competition differ. Fenerbahce want to maintain their target of a League & Cup double, whilst Genclerbirligi view this as their only remaining realistic opportunity for European football next season.

They have faced each other twice already this season, with Fenerbahce winning 1-0 on both occasions. Not only do Gencler want to avenge these defeats, but they would also like to ruin Fener's plans for ending the 21 year wait for this trophy. They already ruined the double dream back in 2001, by winning a penalty shootout in the final between the sides after a 2-2 draw.

Genclerbirligi are the most successful Turkish team in Europe this season and the more rested of the two sides by not playing at the weekend, whilst Fenerbahce are the in-form team with 10 wins and 1 draw in their 11 games in 2004.

It should be a cracking cup tie....

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
If we play like we did against Konyaspor and with the same line up there shouldnt be any problems.....but Gencler is indeed one of Türkiyes best playing teams.

---------------------Recep--------------------

Ali G----------Luci--------Tomas-----Kemal

-------------Ümit--------Aurelio--------------

Yozgatli--------------------------------Tuncay

--------------Nobre---------PVH---------------

I would also like to add that i really like this line up with Kemal as left back....:D

·
Registered
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There seems to be a lot of bad blood among the Fener fans towards this game. This is due to the strange decision to call off Gencler's Adana game before this one, and the poor explanation for the reasons why...

·
*the drum drum*
42,568 Posts
Tell me about it..

I'm even becoming anti-Gençler right now :howler:

Serhat is fit for this one, Tuncay seems to be as well even though he was apparently lightly injured against Konyaspor..
Is it time for the return of the Bull to seal the victory for us like the game in Izmir? :happy:

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
The bull is back...:)

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
kemal is amazin...id buy him after volkan if i was a big team's president...

can volkan play? aite if not

recep
gunes, luciano, tomas, hanefi
mehmet, ozat, kemal
tuncay
nobre, hodonk

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
I don't think Daum will alter the CMs as we dominated the middle of the park against Konya... ;) :)

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
I would just like to inform you that the tickets for this cup game has been sold out.

I would like especially one gs fan called galatasaray-fr (who doesnt seem to be online anymore :D ) to read this post since he was the one blaming their poor attendance at a cup game for playing on a weekday....:D

Let me also say that our tickets costs like at least 5 times more than yours!:D

·
Registered
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
..But it's a midweek game, people are working, kadikoy is hard to get to, it's across a river and needs a boat.... :pp ;)

·
Third Place Winner, April Photo Contest 2008
3,578 Posts
Me and i think all Gala fans gonna be with you for this match bcoz if u play the final with Trabzon our Uefa cup chance will be in more comfort ;)

·
Registered
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, it would open up fourth place in the league as the finalist would have seemingly already qualified for Europe....

I guess Denizli and Antep will be thinking of the same thing. That's why I'm surprised that the vote to rest Gencler before a cup game was accepted by the clubs union....?! :confused:

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
a very entertaining, exciting and tight match so far !! :cool:

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
:confused: Gençler scored in the first half and TRT-1 shows 0:0.. didn´t they count that own-goal?

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
koreancrew said:
2-4

can u say gencler kicks ass :D

good match...
NO!!!!!!

They had a rest we didn't... they defended with 11 men... after 3-2 PIERRE was about to hit the ball into the net whilst the keeper was on the floor, but el-saka pulled him down.. did we get the blatent penalty... i didn't think so...

Gencler will get whacked by both trabzon and Valencia... hope they don't make it to europe...

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
BAFLI said:
NO!!!!!!

They had a rest we didn't... they defended with 11 men... after 3-2 PIERRE was about to hit the ball into the net whilst the keeper was on the floor, but el-saka pulled him down.. did we get the blatent penalty... i didn't think so...

Gencler will get whacked by both trabzon and Valencia... hope they don't make it to europe...
That comment is a bit dissapointing Hasan.
Genclerbirligi were better than Fenerbahce today and they deserved the win. They created more chances and they played attractive football. Youla was also pulled down in the Fenerbahce pk area earlier in the match but they didn't get the penalty either.

And they have played more matches than Fenerbahce lately so that is a bad excuse.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts