Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me, or is Filippo Inzaghi one of the most overrated strikers in Italy? Sure, he can score easy goals a yard from the net and on an occasional breakaway, but he is not a quality striker. And one of the reasons Del Piero did not score more goals this season, is that Inzaghi does not create chances for his fellow striker. He is also selfish and has a tendency to throw himself on the grass way too much. Don´t get me wrong, I don´t think he is an awful striker, but Juve needs more power up front nest season.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Yeah inzaghi is the worst striker that have ever played in Juve and Serie A.

matches and goals for Juve: 131-73
matches and goals in Serie A: 140-72
matches and goals in Europe: 34-24
Totally( including Serie B and C ): 289-146

Yes I can see that He stinks.

Lopez for example is alot better he have scored EIGHT goals this season in Spain.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Mitch Buchannoon.. that name is vaguely familiar... <snicker>

And if you think Del Piero Sucks I have one thing to say to you, namely: HAR! HAR! HAR! HAR..!

(in fact those were four things)

[This message has been edited by flarg (edited 31-05-2000).]

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To Mitch,

I am new fellow here, I started supporting Juve in 1991 when I first saw them on TV. Anyway, I don't like to agree with your sentiments but also I acknowledge that Pipo is not a top striker. But he gives all for Juventus. I beleive that we need players who would die for this shirt, who won't leave this team when we don't qualify for the CL. This is very important. We also have to realise that most of the Juve wins resulted from Pipo scoring... Yes he couldn't find the net in the last games, but remember that we are human beings, and there is what we call a human factor. Human beigns are bound to loose concentration(form). Even you Mr. Mitch some other day you don't fill like doing your work, (if you are working). This is becuase on that day you are not on the right form and fortunately for you, since you are not watched by more than 50,000 faces, you can just go into the internet and relax, or sleep. But unfortunetely for players, if they are not on form they cant do what you can do when you faced by such a situation, and mind you they are being watched by rivals, reporters, "gamblers"(who placed huge amount of money on betting, die hards and so on and at that moment noone is in a compromising mood. So just put your self in that situation and I think you will rethink.

I have been checking this site for the last 3 weeks, and everyone wants Crespo. Tell you what, Crespo's heart is at Lazio. Also if we get him and he just perfoms like Pipo, are we going to sell him and buy another so called natural striker? We have the best team at least, lets not destroy it but make it strong to destroy the likes of boastful Lazio. I would be interested in how the most loved son DP is going to perform next season.

------------------
Z.Zidane

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Flarg, I never said that Del Piero sucks, but I do think that he could produce better play than this season.
As for Pippo having his heart at Juve, I think he ´stole´ at least two goals from DP when DP needed to score to boost his confidence.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I have read that Inzaghi`s main hobby is surfing on the internet. For all I know maybe he is one of us here at the forum ? It would be really funny to hear what he has to say about all this rubbish talk.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Sorry Mitch you misunderstood I was talking to hala about Del Piero. I have nothing against you, only your name is familiar...

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
By "and" i didn't mean to add to what I said to you, but to indicate that i had something els to say to someone else..

·
Registered
130 Posts
well..we'll just have to stick with pippo..
moggi will never sell inzaghi...we'll always
be the second best team in italia after lazio...we just have to live with that...i lived with that already since a few months ago...anyway...second team can still qualify for the CL and CL is what matters these days

------------------
Marcello_Lippi

·
Registered
374 Posts
AfroConnection! What a name!!!!

"Can you dig it?!"

Good first post, welcome! I agree with you on the Crespo thing. It looks like we were going to get him at the expense of Pippo. For me, that wasn't a very good idea. Sure, Pippo lost some form toward the end, but I still think he has a lot to offer Juve in the way of goals(look at what he and DP did in his first season here). I'm hoping that they can regain that form in the coming season! Besides that, we also have Kova, and it looks like Amoruso will be coming back as well!!! I say, if we buy another top striker, then either Amoruso or Pippo will surely leave. He'd have to be somebody even BETTER than Crespo for this to happen, if only for the reason AfroConnection mentioned (Crespo's heart is at Lazio). I think that we should start utilizing the youth contingent next season; I'm sure that one of our youth strikers is ready to get called up to the big leagues!!!

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
AfroConnection (?!) and DM-11, you say "Cresbo’s heart is at Lazio". I think you’re wrong – Cresbos heart is in Argentina and with the Argentinean players. IMO, that’s why, Cresbo speaks so highly of Lazio. And if that’s what it takes, then let’s bye some cheap Argentinean players for Cresbo to talk to :)
No, serious, I really like to see Cresbo in black and white next year. Especially since I read somewhere that Amoroso is not part of Ancelotti’s plans for the future, and we are gonna need strikers, that are as good as our defense and midfield. With Cresbo, Pippo, Kova and Esnaider we will be able to play serie A and CL.

BTW, welcome to AfroConnection.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Ulrik, I agree with what you're saying. If Crespo wants to go to Lazio then he should go to Lazio. If he came to Juve, there might be that tiny chance that he won't perform as well because it wasn't his first choice(remember Henry? He ALWAYS said that he preferred to leave Monaco for Arsenal). I understood Afro's comment of "His heart is at Lazio" as meaning that there are lots of Argentines in the squad.

If Ancelotti doesn't want to use Amoruso (I think he should), then we WILL need to buy another striker. Whether it's Crespo or not remains to be seen...

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Do you people believe what you say? because I dont think you dont...EVERYBODY apart from Juve fans agree that Inzaghi is not good enough.Whoever you ask will tell you this.I'm sure that if he was playing for Parma or Inter you wouldnt say the same things.What are you trying to convince yourselfs? that Inzaghi is a top striker? well,he is not! look at the way he plays and then say honestly "Pippo Inzaghi is as good as Shevchenko,Batistuta and Crespo".Stats dont count a ****,performance and skills acount and thats is something Inzaghi lacks.Why do you have to settle for something less than what you can get? Juve is a big,a huge club and deserves something better than Pippo.Dont you see that? I'm sorry to say this but this is a looser's mentality.Only someone who has admit a defeat doesnt try to improve.Maybe 25 scudettos were enough after all...

I'm sorry for you as a Parma fan,but if I was a Juve fan I would be dissapointed for you....

------------------
Parma will fight back...FORZA PARMA!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Amo: Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE to see Crespo at Juve, but it seems that it would happen at the expense of some of our other players (including Pippo) who are dedicated to the club. I'm just worried that what happened with Henry will repeat itself. I'd hate to see that happen again! I want Juve to remain the club to beat just as much as any Juventino, but I think that they already have the talent(especially with the latest signings) to keep that status. Now, if Amoruso isn't used next season, than by all means necessary we should buy a top striker(Crespo included) to be able to compete on all 3 fronts (Scudetto, CL, Copa). But, I think that if a top striker is bought, then Pippo will WANT to leave... and that's fine. We can just use one of the youngsters or buy a cheaper striker to have the depth necessary.

I just don't think that Pippo is all that bad as he has been made out to be lately. :)

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
NO- Inzaghi is not a topclass world SUPERhero striker. He is definitely not, however he scores goals, most of them because Del Piero and Zidane who serves him the ball on a silver plate. That's the reason why Inzaghi scores and forget that Inzaghi also waste alot of chances. When we played against Real M in the CL final and pippo burned those freakn chances, always drove me mad. So the thing is, Juventus FC can do SOOOOO much better with a better striker! Someone like Crespo or something, but again these guys aint cheap. If Tanzi wants 50$ for Crespo, then fuc* off! Moggi said himself that there wont any big signings this summer. So we'll haf to stick with Pippo (he is staying this seson) he scores some goals and we finish 2nd. Hmm wait, Roma have Bati, okay we'll finish 3rd. Wait Shevchenko? Wonder what he can do next season, oh we'll finish 4th.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts