Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it sounds really dumb, but how do you guys choose which boots your going to wear before the match. Like yesterday I brang my Astro turfs to the park as it hadnt rained for days and I was slipping around. When I do bring my boots usuallly it does my back in as it is too hard.
So how do you guys judge it, go in your back garden and check? OR just very well prepared?

Answer my dumb question please,
Umarnino

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
What exactly are you saying and asking? You mean that even if it was dry you were slipping? And that you actually felt pain in your back? Cleats should not make you slip and should not give you back pain. It’s all about soft or hard ground and personally, I don’t think it makes a difference. I buy all my cleats FG. :)

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hokey doke. Just wanted to know what ones preference of boots are because everytime I bring my astro turfs I slip around and don't get maximum grip.
FG I guess is more logical to get than SG so I'll take that into consideration.
Thanx.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
You don't have to decide. Take a couple of pairs, and if need be you can change your boots during the warm up or even during the match.

I've never worn astro boots though, not even on astroturf, I really don't like them. Always mouldies for me, although it can be a bit of a bastard when it rains on the astro..

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Umarnino said:
I know it sounds really dumb, but how do you guys choose which boots your going to wear before the match. Like yesterday I brang my Astro turfs to the park as it hadnt rained for days and I was slipping around. When I do bring my boots usuallly it does my back in as it is too hard.
So how do you guys judge it, go in your back garden and check? OR just very well prepared?

Answer my dumb question please,
Umarnino
in the end it's all about where you play..if it's a thick grass field (by thick i mean like proper grass in a park) then you're better off wearing cleats i guess...and as far as your back goes maybe a pair of real light cleats would help..like mutu said it probably would be best to just bring both pairs and just try them and see which one would like best...as far as boots go i don't like the nike 90 total plastic types..they don't mold well to your feet i think buying comfortable leather boots that mold into your feet would probably solve your issue

·
Winter is Coming.
8,131 Posts
I stopped wearing nike's cuz i didn't enjoy the plastics. a good pair of leathers feel a world of difference, even if they are a bit heavier. I haven't tried the new preds but my manias are holding up well, SG if you play on lush real grass fields, and FGs if you play on other not so good fields. as long as the boot fits your feet and the pressure points of the cleats are in the right place you can't go wrong.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts