Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Golden Generation? Or were they a pyrite generation? I'd say Pyrite.

Here's looking ahead and lets hope they are not overrated crybabies like this one (yes I am still in total utter shock and disbelief).....

(though I did include some pyrite members in the 2004 team)

2004 Portugal

·
Registered
333 Posts
That quote about Figo was harsh.

If you still fell that way in a month, then shame on you. For everything he's done for the NT, to be trashed like that is uncalled for. Become Spanish? That has to be anger talking, not truth.

He has always been there for Portugal when it called, no matter how small the game.

·
Registered
14,658 Posts
Figo Rules said:
That quote about Figo was harsh.

If you still fell that way in a month, then shame on you. For everything he's done for the NT, to be trashed like that is uncalled for. Become Spanish? That has to be anger talking, not truth.

He has always been there for Portugal when it called, no matter how small the game.
Figo Rules, you should no better than to read any Porkista propaganda that comes out of a cave.......The trolls work day and night to find ways of creating controversy....:D

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
Why the hell, would you leave a player out just because of the way they handle the press? And also its a bit unfair to leave out Bento over one red card over 2 yellows and the second tackle which he clearly missed both player and ball. Now Pinto I can understand-unless he gets mental treatment.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Hey I just seen Figo's wife naked in a magazine :horny: !!!!!!!!!

Must be why he hasnt been his normal self !!

But Lomes , You must be kidding to think Baia will be there in 2 weeks let alone 2 years !!! Baia is no more, A past great & in danger of leaving bitter tastes in our mouths if he is allowed to continue on !!!!!!11

Figo will be there
Couto will be on the scene for the next 12 months until the new generation defenders find there feet having said that he will retire before 2004
Beto will be there
Rui Jorge will be there ( why no word on him !! )
Abel Xavier has had his day in the sun & is now finished

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
There are lots of 34 year-old goal-keepers playing. I can't believe the negative attitude I'm seeing towards Baia. He had a bad opening game, but more than redeemed himself against Poland and was our only true hero against Korea. He stopped breaks, and was absolutely solid. Sure I questioned his replacing Ricardo, but he has nothing to be ashamed of.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
True & Very valid points !!!
But the thing here is we are moving on , we should be blooding the young & I find it an absolute disgrace on Oliveira's behalf on picking Baia over Ricardo. Ricardo is the future , Ricardo is approaching his prime & should be the man for the next 2 - 3 campaigns. Baia has had his time , let us move on

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yup. I missed a lot of the players. Forgot Rocha, Ednilson, Dani, Almani Moreira

As for goalkeepers, I put Baia as 3rd keeper to be "the voice of wisdom" in the dressing room. My #1 keeper would hands down be Sergio Leite, but the kid is clubless right now, so I left him off.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
anchi said:
"Pauleta (Bordeaux) Role: ???":eek: role: STARTER:cool:
Easy to say now , but again 2 years is a long time !!
Watch out for Makukula !!
Also a new coach will bring new tactics who is not to say we wont play with 2 or maybe 3 strikers !!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Lomes said:
yup. I missed a lot of the players. Forgot Rocha, Ednilson, Dani, Almani Moreira

As for goalkeepers, I put Baia as 3rd keeper to be "the voice of wisdom" in the dressing room. My #1 keeper would hands down be Sergio Leite, but the kid is clubless right now, so I left him off.
Hmmm....if he is clubless, then why do you think he can beat out the likes of Ricardo, Quim and Moreira to name three???

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Well, I don't think anyone anticipates the clubless situation to last very long.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I understand that. My point is that there are other established YOUNG keepers who are ahead of Leite at this point in the game. His performances with Penafiel and the U21 notwithstanding, he has yet to really prove that he can succeed at a high level of play, unlike the other three.

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Well, that's a matter of opinion and personal projection based on one's judge of talent.

Much like Moreira, he has raw skill and athletics. Half a season in the Primeira with volitile performances doesn't put that much more credidence in one over the other based on simple expectations. Both still remain untested and thus still projects with unrealized potential.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts