Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could somebody please provide me with their favourite Brazilian national team line-up??? :)

V

·
0 Posts
---------------------------Gilmar
Carlos Alberto-----------Lucio--------------Roberto Carlos
---------------------Didi-----------Socrates
Garrincha---------------------------------------------------Jairzinho
----------------------------Zico
---------------------Romario----Pele

·
Banned
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, no, I don't mean all-time favourite. What is your current favourite line-up, of CURRENTLY ACTIVE Brazilian players???

·
Registered
59,022 Posts
btw other than having Ronaldo, Ronaldinho and probably Adriano as your main attackers, have Ailton or Fernando Baiano been mentioned in the Brazilian press or by fans as potential back-up strikers? they've been excellent in the Bundesliga this season and IMO are better than Jardel who managed to get a call-up not long ago:eek:

BTW the guy who was Ronaldos back up in the world cup, Luizao isn't really doing well in Berlin :eek: he's been in and out of the team. Maybe it's adapting problems, I dunno.

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Wally,

No Fernando Baiano or Ailton... fernando Baiano is a complete waste of space... Ailton is just average. Adriano is just good.

We have Luis Fabiano who is excellent and is the immediate subtitute of Ronaldo... when he goes to Europe he is gonna rock;)

Well, my current team would be something like this:

1. Marcos (pigs)

2. Cafu 3. Lucio 4. Luisao 6. Robertino

8. Renato (Santos) 5. Gilberto Silva

10. Diego (Santos) 11. Alex (Cruzeiro)

7. Ronaldinho Gaucho 9. IL FENOMENO

SUBS:

12. Dida

13. Maurinho (Cruzeiro?) 14. Alex (Santos) 15. Edmilson 16. Junior or Maxwell (need to see a bit more of him though)

20. Dudu Cearense 17. Flavio Conceicao

18. Juninho Pernambucano 22. Kaka

19. Luis Fabiano (Sao Paulo) 21. Denilson

·
Banned
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ze da Fiel said:
Wally,

No Fernando Baiano or Ailton... fernando Baiano is a complete waste of space... Ailton is just average. Adriano is just good.

We have Luis Fabiano who is excellent and is the immediate subtitute of Ronaldo... when he goes to Europe he is gonna rock;)

Well, my current team would be something like this:

1. Marcos (pigs)

2. Cafu 3. Lucio 4. Alex (Santos) 6. Robertino

8. Renato (Santos) 5. Gilberto Silva

7. Ronaldinho Gaucho 9. IL FENOMENO

SUBS:

12. Dida

13. Maurinho (Cruzeiro?) 14. Luisao 15. Edmilson 16. Junior or Maxwell (need to see a bit more of him though)

20. Dudu Cearense 17. Flavio Conceicao

18. Juninho Pernambucano 22. Kaka

19. Luis Fabiano (Sao Paulo) 21. Denilson
So you want to play 4-2-2-2? or did it not output to your intentions? coz Iv'e never come across such a formation before I have to tell you :)

Maxwell is a really good player, a key player of Ajax, very versatile, he can play left-winger or left-back. I think Inter and Roma have become interested in him.

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Bazman,

The 442 in a shape of a square is traditional in Brazilian football for about 20 years already. The common "rice & beans" that we say in Brazil.

Obs:

Rice & Beans is the typical brazilian food for any brazilian;)

This system the Brazilian players adapt very quickly to one another, without needing to train a lot for other schemes. I find it best for Brazilian players;) :cool:

V

·
0 Posts
-----------------------------Dida
Cafu--------------Lucio---------Edmilson------Roberto Carlos
---------------------Gilberto Silva
Juninho Pernambuco--------------------------------Maxwell
---------------------------Kaka
------------------Ailton------Ronaldo

Maxwell is a surprise I think, but he's great this season with Ajax, and is a very nice player to watch. He has a great style of playing soccer, it looks so easy, but that's the hardest I think.

I don't have seen Diego play much, maybe he can replace Juninho Pernambuco or Gilberto Silva. Kaka is in my opinion, together with Roberto Carlos, the best Brazilian player at the moment. I love to see him play soccer.

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Vinnie:

No Ailton..... he is like the 8th or 9th choice striker if lucky.

MAxwell is too young and unproven to start in midfield. He would be my reserve left back though. Recentrly saw him play for Ajax and thought he was the best in the pitch together with Zlatan and that brill midfield # 18 (Schneider??);)

When i saw Maxwell play it was the spitting image of watching Leonardo play left back at the start of his career. Hopefully he will make a good appearence today against Venezuela and the whole of Brazil will know that he exists. The Brazilian media has not noticed him yet... but after today I think he will start making his name..... MARK MY WORDS;) :D

Liternit... please frame the above line, REMEMBER WERE YOU HEARD IT FIRST (as you never do!):tongue: ;)

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Marcos;
Cafu/Daniel Alves *, Luisão (Benfica), Lucio and Roberto Carlos;
Gilberto Silva, Juninho Pernambucano, Zé Roberto and Ronaldinho Gaucho;
Kaka and Ronaldo. :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

Which still leaves us with a powerful bench: Dida, Daniel/Cafu/Mancini, Edmilson, Alex (Santos), Fabio Aurelio, Emerson, Kleberson, Diego, Alex (Cruzeiro), Rivaldo, Luis Fabiano and Adriano. :strong: :cool:

(*- Cafu is the present and Daniel Alves is the future.) ;)

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Ailton is a dominating scorer in Bundesliga and really has never gotten recognition for this,actually I miss Ronaldo2001 with his insight in Bundesliga.
But I actually think that he is perhaps among top five among Brazilian strikers at the moment, behind Ronaldo,Luis Fabiano and Adriano, fighting with Dimba and Renaldo for fourth.
I agree that he perhaps isn´t a great complete forward in terms of skills but he has a very good shot.
Still he is past his 30s and he will probably never get a chance in selecao,other younger options are better.

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Dribble,

We are Brazil man... quality is high... Ailton is an option for countries taht don't have our quality..... his name should not even come to a debate;)

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Wally said:
BTW the guy who was Ronaldos back up in the world cup, Luizao isn't really doing well in Berlin :eek: he's been in and out of the team. Maybe it's adapting problems, I dunno.
No no, he sucks indeed :D

Well he does not suck, but if far from being good for NT, he is just your average poucher.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Ze da Fiel said:

7. Ronaldinho Gaucho
According to Roberto Galo you can´t play with more than "2 centrals" and your going for 3?

Are you asking to be flamed? :tongue:

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
If you want a team to achieve sucess, the same that Felipao said about Pele, I say about Bobby our man Cock. Whatever he says, do the opposite and you should be fine :tongue: :howler: :howler: :howler: :howler:

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Garrincha said:
Marcos;
Cafu/Daniel Alves *, Luisão (Benfica), Lucio and Roberto Carlos;
Gilberto Silva, Juninho Pernambucano, Zé Roberto and Ronaldinho Gaucho;
Kaka and Ronaldo. :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

Which still leaves us with a powerful bench: Dida, Daniel/Cafu/Mancini, Edmilson, Alex (Santos), Fabio Aurelio, Emerson, Kleberson, Diego, Alex (Cruzeiro), Rivaldo, Luis Fabiano and Adriano. :strong: :cool:

(*- Cafu is the present and Daniel Alves is the future.) ;)
Nice line up :) the attack would be pretty much the same as 2002 but with Kaka in for Riva. I would like to see Rochemback on the bench and maybe give him a chance at replacing Zé Roberto.

And hell I would even like to see Luisão and Alex, Lucio and his willingness to attack bothers me a lot :D

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Ze da Fiel said:
If you want a team to achieve sucess, the same that Felipao said about Pele, I say about Bobby our man Cock. Whatever he says, so the opposite and you should be fine :tongue: :howler: :howler: :howler: :howler:
thats not nice :(

anyway right now I would not like to see Diego in our NT, just as a bench option. I´m more inclined towards Juninho and Alex to play with Ronaldinho

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
mariaines said:
do you think your NT has a place for fabio rochemback? i think he's been the best for far in the preolympics..
I think there's room for Rochemback, yeah. If he keeps the current level we'll see a lot of him in the Seleçao. :)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts