Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Isso aí! O lugar do CLUBE ATLÉTICO MINEIRO é na primeira divisão, lutando pelo título!

Sorry guys! I had to say it!!!!

É ou não é, JCAMILO????

É ou não é, Garrincha, pelo seu Botafogo! Parabéns ao Bebeto de Freitas!

Just some feelings from a drunk poor ATLETICANO!

·
Administrator
30,934 Posts
Hell was not big enough :D

It is not to celebrate but at least one side of Belo Horizonte is not shameful, not like some timinho, who come to the field for the honor and history and tradition and 6 x 2 to some other team...

In a funny way....

THis year I have seen us winning 4 times Cruzeiro, all of them with huge superiority
The 6 x 1 to flamengo
seen this Renato and Ze Antonio.

We did not get the title (like every year) , but those things happened...such Odd odd Year.
Yeah, and Great for Bebeto

·
Administrator
30,934 Posts
Although we will see there, there is a shame that can not be forgotten. After the victory over Vitoria, some fans in the stadium actually "chering against" the goals Cruzeiro scored some players come to the media saying they are "professionals, felt shame, must honor the tradition and history of Cruzeiro, etc", Before the game with Fla they repeated such things and they did what they did. How much honor and tradition they showed, the only team that had nothing to lose against one with something to lose in the round that payed little respect for the competition. A true shame.

·
Administrator
30,934 Posts
And a side note:

Sao Caetano still punished and Fluminense will play sul-americana.
And Cesar Sampaio decided to quite and this was his last competition. Farewell, Cesar.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JCamilo said:
Hell was not big enough :D

It is not to celebrate but at least one side of Belo Horizonte is not shameful, not like some timinho, who come to the field for the honor and history and tradition and 6 x 2 to some other team...

In a funny way....

THis year I have seen us winning 4 times Cruzeiro, all of them with huge superiority
The 6 x 1 to flamengo
seen this Renato and Ze Antonio.

We did not get the title (like every year) , but those things happened...such Odd odd Year.
Yeah, and Great for Bebeto
I have the same feeling, JCamilo. We do not have to celebrate, and we shouldn't be happy. But I could've been much more sad. Last year we were close to a Libertadores spot, but we knew our team didn't have potential for that. Not that this year we had a great team and should be champions, but we know that we could do much more.

Renato and Zé Antônio, like you've said, are some of the best talents we've produced in years. Also some good surprises like the return of Danrlei. Rodrigo Fabri did not have a good season, but he has contract with the team for some time, and can reach his potential with more calm. I would also like to see Alex Mineiro staying, I like him a lot, and he's always there in the decisive moments.

If we get some experienced players for the defensive system, like a Gamarra for the defense, and a player to be the Gallo of 99 or 2002's Helcio as an anchorman, plus some more centerforward with power and keep our players, we defintely have a decent squad for next year. Many young talents can grow and get better. Of course changes have to be made, something was defintely lacking, but we should not throw everything away and build from zero.

Also another good example to review the "good and cheap" policy. It can be cheap, but it has to be good. It's the second time I see we appealing to a peneirada of small team/second division players and failing. The first time was with Abel Braga in 2001. Some people say the 1999 team was like this, but it wasn't; even if it was a cheap team, the players we signed had some name in the market, like Gallo, Belletti, Robert and Guilherme. I'm not suggesting we should go back and spend more money than we have, but let's try to get more investments, and since the money is so scarce, let's spend it wisely. 2001 with Levir Culpi, when we had a team with 11 players which already played for the NT, was our best season in the recent history. Signing players who already have some history and proved themselves in the big stage is a must.

·
Administrator
30,934 Posts
I think the problem was when it was clear this team had problem to score and they did not signed one person (Look what Fernandao did to inter) to be the cynical scorer...This is a must have - but the middlefield looks promissing, While More and More Renato shows his is a offensive player, almost a winger. Procopio remaining seems to be a step back and we need someone able to make the physical part of them to work. Atletico only lost 11 times this year, several of the 17 draws are lost in the second half (if we had only the first half results we would be in sul-americana), this clearly shows a team that dies. The tatical mistakes and psycological part can make a team be tired quickly, but that is a bit too much.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
True. And this is also a reason of Luxemburgo's success, he always worries about the staff he has, physical condition, etc. It may sound secondary to the quality of players, but of course it's a factor that should be treated as a priority.

Yeah, I wanted Renato playing a second-DM role, more defensive, but the season proved me that he should be used more offensively. Even though he can still make an extra effort to improve his defensive game, because it's important if he keeps playing the third-man in the midfield behind three attackers.

For the centerforward....it seems Cristian can be a name. I would be happy. I also heard a thing about Euller, but I think he's not what we need, even if Alex Mineiro leaves. He's too old and not the same player from years ago, that I already considered kind of overrated (he never was NT material).

·
Administrator
30,934 Posts
I like Cristian also, but I fear he can be a bit too expensive. I also never liked Euller that much and now he does not even seem to retain his speed...
I think Renato is going in that direction that he became the player free to do attack and tell someone else to run for it, that cuts he do, even slower when the ball is looking like going outside are the best things of the year.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sorry, this is a little off topic.. but does anyone know what happend to Fabio Junior? I have always been a fan of his, and i was happy when he joined Atletico which was like in 2002. Anyway, I just wanted to know if anyone knows who he plays for now.???

1 - 13 of 13 Posts