Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
International
9,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brighton are champions, and Reading follow them up in the second automatic promotion spot. Anyone got a pick for the 3rd team? I'll stick my neck out and go for Stoke...

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Come on the bluebirds...

We have the chairman, we have the players and we now have the manager...

If we can get past Stoke imagine the Millenium stadium with 40,000 Cardiff fans chearing on the boys...

I can see Cardiff getting past Stoke and I don't think that there is any way that Huddersfield will beat Brentford...

In the final... close game... I would say Cardiff but I don't know how much of that is coming from the heart and how much is coming from the brain...

I mean we have cracking players (although Gabbidon is out) and are on an absolutley wiked run at the moment...

Did you know we were 2-0 up away to Huddersfield with 15 minutes to go... they scored twice to equalise... how much did that cost us...

If we won that match we would have had 1 more point than Reading... so near as they say:)

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
12,813 Posts
Cardiff have the quality to go up, and ex-Baggie Daniel Gabbidon, who we all thought was the next best thing since sliced bread, but appeared to have a right attitude problem, so was sold.
I'd like them or Huddersfield. Everytime I've been away to see the Terriers their fans are always friendly and a credit to mixed football fans. Cant say the same thing about most clubs. Although Cardiff and the Baggies always seem to get on well.
So I'd like one of them.

·
Star Player
2,744 Posts
Sam Hammam has really revitalised Cardiff and besides, it would be nice to see a Welsh side in the upper levels. Though Huddersfield will be anxious to return to a division they felt they didn't deserve to be relegated from.

The season, however, belongs to Brighton and Hove Albion and deservedly so. If there is a club deserving of success after having gone through so much, it's definitely Brighton. Five years ago, they lost their home ground, just escaped relegation from the League but were still threatened with closure. And today, we see them going up to Division One. Well done Brighton!

·
12,813 Posts
Yeah, a year for the Albions!

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
:rolleyes: True, we wouldn't of gone up without Bobby's goals, but we have a good TEAM. Kuipers is a great GK, Cullip, Watson, Steele, Brooker and Gary Hart are all rated highly by Albion fans. Steele and Hart have chipped in with some very important goals.

Here's to next season and taking Div 1 by storm!

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
I must admit you beat us but they was silly goals and our defence was crap as ever :( I would watch out because :star:Bobby Zamora:star: could get poached by a Premier League team :depress:

·
12,813 Posts
There was talk in the local papers in teh midlands that Megson was seen at a recent Port Vale v Brighton match. So they were all reporting Zamora was to be Megsons target now we're in the Prem. But I have a feeling he was running the rule over Bridge-Wilkinson of Vale instead, a long term target of his Megship.

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
Whizz said:
[BI would watch out because :star:Bobby Zamora:star: could get poached by a Premier League team :depress: [/B]

Peter Taylor confirmed there was a bid from Spurs. I hope we can keep him for at least one more season, it's going to be tough as it is in Div 1. The season ticket prices will be going up by 20% to offer Bobby a better deal, it's worth it, I just hope he stays.

I accept that we can't hold him back if he wants to move to a Premiership side.

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
True, but what about the Withdean Ground it's not that big is it? Are you building a new one? :confused:

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
We want to build a new stadium at Falmer and are currently running a campaign for approval. That's years away I'm afraid. The local residents are kicking up a fuss (Bunch of old biddies)

We are adding 2000 new seats but that's just not enough. Demand is far exceeding supply and we're missing out on a potentially huge fan base.

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
When I went to the Withdean ages ago I was just shocked how small it was, even Layer Road was bigger :eekani: But what a bunch of silly old biddies :mad: You are right you would get alot of fans if you ground was bigger :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Finally a platform to talk about lower league... WOOOHOO! :)

Credit to Brighton for their amazing up-rise. :) There still is some justice. :happy:

Hopefully BZ stays there... he is such a hero in Brighton! :strong:

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
I think that that is way to simplistic... I mean Zamora scores a lof but if you look at the goals he has scored not one of them has been all of his own work...

He gets chances set up for him and is a good finisher but without the service he is nothing...

oh and Cardiff beat Stoke 2-1 at the Britannia:D... come on the bluebirds.

Earnshaw restores the faith that Lawrie had in him as does Leo... I mean 3 up front and we still have mighty Andy Campbell on the bench... now that's what I call quality:)

Right we must not get complacent at Ninian

·
12,813 Posts
Brighton have a good team ethic, derived from their Manager who knows how to get the best out of players who want to play for him.
I think they'll do OK in the 1st Div this next season.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Hopefully Brighton can hold their own in D1. They are impressive...

I'm have subscribed English football mag 4-4-2 (yeah, i get that to Germany... call me mad :D ) and there some months back was a report about Brighton. And i think the way they have gone is just impressive. :) A glimmer of hope for every hopeless club!!! :cool:

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
We are not a one man team. When Bobby dislocated his collar bone we coped well. If we can keep him, I think we can have a good season in Div 1.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts