Xtratime Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at the calendar graphic of the Druha liha season which begins on July 25th, it seems that there are 34 rounds dedicated to the new season which would imply 18 teams.

If that is the case then it is most probably there is more consolidation going on in the Druha liha and that in this season there will only be one Hrupa.

PFL is continues to weed out the wannabee teams...

But I wonder whether oblast centers XEPCOH, Zhytomyr, Vinnytsja, Kirovohrad will finally regroup and enter the professional leagues.

U

·
0 Posts
The main thing is that Nyva get promoted, but they probably still won't :groan:

U

·
0 Posts
They always find a way to f*ck it up... They never win the games they need to... Look at this year, they were in a great position to get promoted on like 5 occasions, they messed up each time...

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
True-Kozak said:
I think because you said "chuxkrajina"; whats that mean? :confused:
Not me, but Brudder Andrusha. :smileani: Not 'chuxkrajina', but 'Chuxrajina'. :smileani:

In my view, Chuxrajina is the land of illichivetses. :howler:

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
True-Kozak said:
Oh, brudder Dynamivets' has never heard of it before :sigh:.
True-Kozak:

Чухраїнці - are a fictious group of people that live in a ficticious country called Чукран based on a satirical book written by Остапа Вишня (1889-1956) a psuedoname for Павло Михайлович Губенко for during Soviet times...

For some reason this fictious folks seem to mimic today's inhabitants of a similiar region.

Just to give you an idea about the similarities - The main river dissecting the country was called "Dmytro"!!!

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rumour has it that Nyva-<новий_спонсор> Vinnytsja "Воскресне" for the new season.

Also #1 Kyivs'ka oblast team, Arsenal Bila Tserkva want to join.

Podunk-Xmelju still wants to field a team, but are still looking for money.

Anyone out there can help?

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ukrainian Druha Liha 2007/08

The schedule is out finally....

18 teams / hrupa. (I wonder how many will fold.. I say I give aline of 3 as the plus/minus line)

First game July 25

In Hrupa A:
New teams:
Nyva-Svitanok Vinnytsja
FC Krasyliv (This team was bought out by Podunk Xmelju a few seasons ago)
Arsenal Bila Tserkva (Anudder Gooner team)
FC Korosten'
Sparshyt Ivano-Survive (from Persha)
Podunk Xmelju (from Persha)

Inter Bojarka folded.

In Hrupa B:
New teams:
Shaxtar Sverdlovs'k
Olimpik Kirovohrad
Komunal'nyk Luhans'k
FC Poltava

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Druha Liha B got started yesterday and Olympic Donets'k had the biggest win with a 6-0 thrashing of newcomers FK Poltava. Most of the goals came in the last quarter of an hour...

Javir, who for some reason didn't enter the YKPAIHIAH Cup this season, had a nice away win in Kremin'.

Druha Liha A starts its season on Sunday while Druha Liha B continues with Round 2.

·
Registered
883 Posts
A surprising result for Olympik considering they have been scratting around near the bottom since entering the league 2 years ago. I have tried to find out some info about them, where they play etc, and have found nothing at all.

So, either they are receiving more support this season or FK Poltava are one of many teams whose standard is highly questionable - and I think it will be the latter.

As for Nyva, they will have to play a lot better than they did last season to get promoted. I went to see them at Kolos when they played Knyazha and they couldn't even form one decent attack, always offside. Yednist Plisky are my favourites for the title, they were fabulous against Nafkom Brovary, and Dnister Ovidiopol will struggle that's for sure in the Persha from what I saw.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Druha Liha A kicked off its season yesterday...

A couple of changes forced the PFL to reconfigure the whole 2007/08 season. FC Krasyliv decided that they don't have enough funds and finally after much speculation Sparshyt Ivano-Default decided not to burn anymore money and bury the team once and for all...

So Jednist and Knjazha had the big wins on opening day and continue where they left off from last season. In 3 games the winning goal was scored in extra time. But not much has changed for relegated Podunk Xmelju who were thrashed 4-0.

In Druha Liha B OLKOM, Gooners XAPKIB and Javir remained undefeated but the most impressive were newcomers Tytan Donets'k winning 4-1 at home over Hazovyk-XHV.

·
Registered
883 Posts
There is a chance that I might be able to go to the "Olympik Derby" in Druha Liha Group B in September. I don't suppose anyone knows the location where Olympik Donetsk play - I have found evidence of an "Olympik Stadium" (that's NOT "RSC Olympiyskiy" before you say it!) but can't find exactly where it is.

Even though Ukrainian football is getting more sophisticated at the top when you look at websites and other media-related stuff, it's still a nightmare finding information at the bottom. I quite often phone a guy at the PFL who is always confused about why I am ringing - I want to watch the game my friend but I can only do that if I know where to go and at what time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:doh:

EDIT: Looking at the stats, quite a few people obviously know where they play as 7,142 people were at their last game, the Donetsk derby v Titan!

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Tsarevich said:
There is a chance that I might be able to go to the "Olympik Derby" in Druha Liha Group B in September. I don't suppose anyone knows the location where Olympik Donetsk play - I have found evidence of an "Olympik Stadium" (that's NOT "RSC Olympiyskiy" before you say it!) but can't find exactly where it is.

Even though Ukrainian football is getting more sophisticated at the top when you look at websites and other media-related stuff, it's still a nightmare finding information at the bottom. I quite often phone a guy at the PFL who is always confused about why I am ringing - I want to watch the game my friend but I can only do that if I know where to go and at what time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:doh:

EDIT: Looking at the stats, quite a few people obviously know where they play as 7,142 people were at their last game, the Donetsk derby v Titan!

With that amount of fans going to the game I would think that the cab drivers in town would get a whiff of Olimpik play.

Also I would hang around a bookie shop and ask those that frequent that site coz those guys usually know more than you usual worker at the local Hastronom.

Also I'm surprised that after a16 years the PFL website does not have a club directory which would list the teams vital information - including where the stadion is....

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Tsarevich said:
Hardly there's a chance I visit Olimpik match on Friday, 28th but still quite probable for Saturday's Metalurg-Zorya. :smileani: For your information, SC Olimpik is located in the city area called Bossé. :thumbsup:
Tsarevich said:
I wish there were but PFL site evidently misprinted. :rollani: As you can find out 7,142 is the fair play mark for the away side in Olimpik-Tytan derby. :pp Witnesses report around 400 spectators at the match. :embarass:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.