Xtratime Community banner

Who should be the second central midfielder?

• Nikolaidas

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Deco

• Titov

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Baraja

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • N Kovac

• Butt

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Vieira

Votes: 16 38.1%
  • Vogel

• Hristov

• Wieghorst

• Pirlo

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • Linderoth

• Galasek

• Jeremies

• Asafjevs

• Van Bommel

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lot of these guys are defensive midfielders but not all of them. I didn't call it a defensive midfield poll for that reason because I'm sure a lot of you would be quick on the draw to state it.

Hopefully a defensive midfielder wins it.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Pirlo (biased). Baraja is a great choice as well.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Vieira... by a canter.

Luigi... what's the point in you (I'm bugging you on this solely because you are now officially a Milan mod. and becuase I want to :)) trying to find the various teams realistic starting 11's.... when you don't want to vote for a realistic team anyway?

Pirlo as the def. mid... with Zidane doing the Gattuso dirty work.. or what?

·
Registered
43,395 Posts
Glen said:

Pirlo as the def. mid... with Zidane doing the Gattuso dirty work.. or what?
Nope - Becks (if he wins) is doing that in one team, I reckon, he can do it in one more.
Wait a sec - are you complaining (secretly) that it is not certain Juve player there for teh Italys?

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
all because i voted for pirlo means i dont want a realistic team? sure i was a bit biased in this poll but im allowed to be. didnt you vote for zidane even if you thought totti was playing better? ill vote for viere if theres an african all star team;-)

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Pipo Baraja, good in attack, good in defense, good in free kicks, great character. By now, the best CM in Europe, IMO.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
bono said:
Nope - Becks (if he wins) is doing that in one team, I reckon, he can do it in one more.
Along with Helguera... not Zidane.

bono said:
Wait a sec - are you complaining (secretly) that it is not certain Juve player there for teh Italys?
By no means. I'm complaining that it's the wrong Milan player. Gattuso should obviously be in this poll. Or at least one of the two normal starters... Perrotta or Zanetti... or Ambrosini if it suits you better (Maresca of course isn't an option as long as he's not a Juve starter).

Originally posted by Luigi Vampa
all because i voted for pirlo means i dont want a realistic team?
Other folks tried to be realistic when plotting down their supposed NT's, but for the casual observers looking to this forum to get some info on how Italy will line up... they're in for a surprise given the rather non-typical Italy team selected by our flamboyant Rossoneri connoisseur here. No less and in particular the fielding of such 4 man midfield... behind two strikers, with attacking wingbacks.....

----------Cassano----Vieri
Del Piero-----Pirlo---Totti---Camoranesi
Zambro----Nesta----Canna------Oddo
---------------Buffon

These are the players who've been included (save for Cassano who will propably be in the next striker poll?)... and this is obviously far, far, far off base.
If you take away DP and Pirlo and introduce two ball winners- that may be Italy's EURO team, but it makes a hell of a difference wouldn't you say?

·
Registered
43,395 Posts
Helguera plays as a CD, as far as I have seen real M this year with Becham. Not as a Gatusso. May be I have seen teh wrong games? But I saw him as a CD only. The last time I saw IH in teh middle was quite a long time ago ...

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
glen i tried not to be biased. the midfield i had in mind was:

ambro pirlo totti gattuso

now if i had gone with that id definately have cries of milan bias. to avoid that i went with this line up although i agree it is unlikely. i even put dp in to appease the people i figured would complain but i see they still complain;-)

theres no way i was gonna put in zanetti or perrotta and maresca is not a likely choice under most circumstances. so tell me if i had gone with my original idea that you wouldnt be all over it?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts