Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMO behind GAA in Ireland, Aussie rules...football.......is the most entertaining game on earth.

Obviously i'm a bit biast,(my spelling is Sh*te) but aussie rules is not as exciting to watch as GAA.

Hurling is class as is Gaelic football

I'm wondering if you can tell me anything about your league.......ie do ye have a major cup and stuff like that:confused:

Ireland to win in October in Croker:fero:

·
Star Player
4,703 Posts
gee uve got a nerve coming in here with that line :tongue: welcome :)

personally I love gaelic footy, they used to show it occassionally on our international channel sbs a few years ago, and I used to love the atmosphere, the speed basically everything that I love abt our game :)

nevertheless I rate aussie rules higher ;) I just think there are less inhibitions in styles of play, more unorthodox things can happen, simply the best.......

each season 16 clubs play for the premiership. there are 22 rnds and by the end the top 8 teams go into the finals and from there a 5 week finals campaign will determine the premiership team. Grand final day is one of the most anticipated events on the sporting calender, played at the MCG.

what do u think of the international rules games played between us? Does it get much coverage up ure end?

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
I like Aussie Rules - Soccer - Cricket equally

I like Gaelic football though its not as tough as some people make it out to be. My freind plays & he warned me it was rough so one day I rocked up to watch him play & it turns out they are a player short , I said I will play- I did & I found it no diffrent to Sunday League football, yeah there was more body contact but I ended up getting Owen McPharlane a 3 week suspension for being over zealous

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
The day Gaelic Footballers actually tackle each other, run through each other and take marks over each other i'll agree with you ... until then I'll stick with my Aussie Rules.

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
dyertribe said:
The day Gaelic Footballers actually tackle each other, run through each other and take marks over each other i'll agree with you ... until then I'll stick with my Aussie Rules.
Taigh Kennelly is a great player :proud: :cool: :star:..........................

oh you meant two gaelic footballers doing what you outlined in a game of Gaylick footy ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts