Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The next best sweeper in the world(intelligent, good vision,powerfull,)!

A lot of people vote for defenders around 26-30 years old(nesta-27,cannavaro-30,campbell-29,samuel-26,etc...),except Terry(one of the most powerfull dc).
A defender need more time to become the best (more than a striker), he have to learn more things,and experience is the most importante thing to become great.
The best defense in world cup history(france98-2goals),was composed by player between 26-32(thuram26-dessailly29-liza29-blanc32), and everybody 2 years ago spok about mexes-bonera-metzelder-ferrari,etc...
And now, they don't confirm what everybody waiting for.
Squillaci , have 23 and he's more intelligent than mexes(it's not hard), if he move in a club like parme in italy (italy form the best defender in the world), and not directly in juve or milan , he have all to become the best!

That's my opinion, but how europe and world see him?

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Seems quite a solid player, I know he was linked to Juve in the past. But like any player he will need to move to see if he can make the step up.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interista said:
Seems quite a solid player, I know he was linked to Juve in the past. But like any player he will need to move to see if he can make the step up.
sincerly, i think he's more serious and intelligent than mexes, and when a lot of big club wants him , he prefer to progress step by step at monaco, now he play in center in NT!
But if he move now to juventus, he play soccer on the bench!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interista said:
I didn't say he needs to move to Juve, I just said he was linked to them in the past. Maybe a move to the EPL
when press speak about deschamps to command juve.The speak about evra,squillaci,rothen too!

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
he is a good player who i believe would do well at juve. juve have just sold iuliano, legrottaglie went on loan and i doubt he'll return to turin. montero will be sold, ferrara is retiring, tudor may very well be sold in the summer as well. thuram and cannavaro are in their 30's. realitically thinking, central defenders is exactly what is needed at juve.

but in saying all this, he would have been at the club if deschamps joined as coach. since this didnt happen, i dont think he would be interested anymore.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
CUG said:
he is a good player who i believe would do well at juve. juve have just sold iuliano, legrottaglie went on loan and i doubt he'll return to turin. montero will be sold, ferrara is retiring, tudor may very well be sold in the summer as well. thuram and cannavaro are in their 30's. realitically thinking, central defenders is exactly what is needed at juve.

but in saying all this, he would have been at the club if deschamps joined as coach. since this didnt happen, i dont think he would be interested anymore.
in 2003/2004 press spoke about deschamps to juve.
So !

·
Registered
786 Posts
is he still with monaco ????????? he is asolid back!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
king is more a "stoppeur" type, squillaci is a sweeper!
King is the new campbell(strong, and powerfull), perfect for england!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SERGE said:
is he still with monaco ????????? he is asolid back!!!!!!!!!
yes he's still in monaco, but monaco was in final of champios league, it's a great team!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Calm down guys!!! :D
For the moment Toto Squillaci won't move from Monaco, he feels good here loves the club and the players, so actually he won't be against finishing his carreer in Monaco. :D
But as we said he is great! Cleaver read the game and nearly never tackle, great defender a la Carvhalo!

I think he could leave in 2 years for SerieA, Deschamps would give him that advice.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cheva said:
Calm down guys!!! :D
For the moment Toto Squillaci won't move from Monaco, he feels good here loves the club and the players, so actually he won't be against finishing his carreer in Monaco. :D
But as we said he is great! Cleaver read the game and nearly never tackle, great defender a la Carvhalo!

I think he could leave in 2 years for SerieA, Deschamps would give him that advice.
due to the actual result in monaco,deschamps keep him, but in 1 or 2 years he have to move if he want to progress!

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
King is pure sh*t, Squillaci is allright, but not among the better, yet.

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
I have know this guy for a while now since I read that Juve and other teams were on him. Saw him play and he is not bad but next best sweeper is kinda too much to say about him now.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Cheva said:
That's a great man, that Didier...

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
deklong said:
king is more a "stoppeur" type, squillaci is a sweeper!
King is the new campbell(strong, and powerfull), perfect for england!

King is like Rio + Campbell, Strong fast but so cool on the ball, Both footed and can pass with ease. He can play anywhere.

Nobody makes offers for him because they can't offer him

''Right now King is the most technically gifted English player along with Rio Ferdinand'' - Glenn Hoddle

''Ledley is a genius, The best defender I have played with or against'' - Jermain Defoe

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Faisal said:
King is like Rio + Campbell, Strong fast but so cool on the ball, Both footed and can pass with ease. He can play anywhere.

Nobody makes offers for him because they can't offer him

''Right now King is the most technically gifted English player along with Rio Ferdinand'' - Glenn Hoddle

''Ledley is a genius, The best defender I have played with or against'' - Jermain Defoe
He has looked very good in the past few matches, fouling a Chelsea player in the box and making many more mistakes that cost Tottenham goals. It never seases to amaze me how people overrate King, he's not as good as everybody makes him out to be.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Mate don't confuse Gardner with King, He isn't half the player even if he looks similar from far and he was the guy that ****ed up with Gudjohnsen whilst King was playing as a striker.

Smertin dived for the pen and that was very harsh. Anyway King was man of the match in the first leg at Stamford Bridge. He is underrated if anything.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts