Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
I heard Austria Vienna is "hunting" Sebastian Mila. Could you give me a description of his strenghts and weaknesses?
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Mila says he has agreed his contract with Austria, whether the move will be completed is up to clubs now.

Probably the most interesting player of his age available in Poland, however some rightly argue that he is progressing too slowly.

A quite versatile guy. Used to play as left defender / midfielder, now more of an attacking midfielder / playmaker. Remarkable left foot, excellent set pieces. Decent passing and shooting skills. A very active, hard-working player.

Needs to improve his physical abilities in the first place. Anyone can tackle him. Not very fast, to say the least. Unstable form.

He isn't a player capable of being the leader of the team. Not yet. But his talent is unquestionnable. If the move is completed, you won't regret it.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I'm surprised and saddened that Mila is going to the Austrian league. I've got nothing against the Austrian league or Austria Vienna, but Mila can, and should do better, for the sake of his career and for the good of Polish National team. Even though, as Prewitt says, his development is slower than anticipated he is still one of the brightest spots in Polish football.

I remember last year, during the first game of the Groclin-Man City clash, Max Bretos, the most respected commentator of European football in the US kept calling Mila the "next Nedved" and kept saying some b.s. about him "not related to Roger Milla, but just as skilled", and nearly creamed his pants after Mila tied the game with an amazing free kick. During that game, Bretos prophesized that the English Premiership will soon come calling. This of course never happened, and one of the factors was the lack of further significant international exposure, and rather poor performance on the National team. I'm afraid that if Mila goes to Austria, there will not be much more exposure for him there than if he stayed in Poland, and his career will become stagnant instead of moving forward.

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Thanks for the info!

And Smoga, well, I'm happy you see the potential in Mila, but your concern should not be too strong. Austria Wien has quite a row of NT players and the still get their calls. Like from the not so weak Czech NT for instance. From the international games in Austria Wien, some are in the spotlight enough to even get "discovered" via Austria Wien, like Afolabi for the also not so weak Nigerian NT. Then there is a Swedish, a Croat, A Slovak, a Bosnian, a Norwegian NT player, all getting their regular calls (the Slovak even as a bech player here), so your fears of him ending up in a weak team out of the international spotlight should be softened, particularly as the team is still on the rise.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Yeah remember him at our place. Seemed like a decent player. However it wasn't difficult playing against Reyna and Bosvelt who have no pace. Barton would have at least gave him a game. I did think he could've made it in the prem

~ The Green ;)ne

·
Registered
535 Posts
Well, then if I had said that Bretos was "comparing Mila to Nedved" I would have been correct. Anyway, that match was a long time ago and many beers ago, and the thing I remember about it most distinctively was the Groclin band playing Yellow Submarine, and that I had to root against Man City, which had always been my favorite English team.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Fulham are being linked with a move for Polish international Sebastian Mila.

The 22-year-old has established himself as a regular in the Polish national squad of Pawel Janas, with his cultured displays in the middle of the park catching the eye.

Mila is a key player for Polish outfit Dyskobolia Grodzisk, but it would appear as if he is ready to make a move to a bigger stage.

A clutch of teams have amassed dossiers on Mila, with Dutch sides Ajax and Feyenoord, Austria Vienna and German outfit Borussia Dortmund believed to be in the hunt.

Vienna are said to be ready to launch a raid for Mila in January, but media reports in Austria have forwarded Fulham as potential rival bidders.

Fulham chief Chris Coleman is looking to shape his squad for the future and the cultured skills of Mila would fit in well with the style of play the Welshman favours.

It is not yet clear if Coleman is looking to make a move in January or at a later date and he could be beaten to the punch if he opts to bide his time.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Man City, which had always been my favorite English team.
How come? Cos Kaz Deyna played for us?

Well I can ssure you I wasn't rooting for groclin, but I was after we went out, cos I wanted to tell anyone teasing us that at least they beat other big clubs.

We've faced quite a few Polish teams - Gornik Zabrze, Groclin, Wisla Krakow and Widzew Lodz. We've beaten Gornik twice and Wisla, but not done good against Lodz and Groclin. I blame the cold conditions.

~ The Green ;)ne

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
Well, if Mila goes to Wien, it's still a step up from Groclin and may even prove to be a stepping stone for him to go to an even bigger club.

But, I would prefer him to go to Fulham.

·
Registered
535 Posts
The Green One said:
How come? Cos Kaz Deyna played for us?

Well, the Green One, if you really want to know...

Back in the late 70's in Poland you could legally bet on only two leagues: the Polish and the English. Even though I was just 10 or 11 then,it was no problem going to the betting booth and buying a betting slip, you just had to tell the nice lady that you were buying it for your dad (it was the same with alcohol and smokes). And of course every kid wanted to bet on the English league, as it made us feel that we were taking a part in something Western European, more colorful and exotic than our everyday reality. And also, everyone always bet on Liverpool and ManU, the most popular clubs. Not wanting to follow the crowd, instead of betting on ManU, I'd bet on ManCity, and one week, ManCity won a game that they really should have lost...and made me some good money, good money even for an adult. This good feeling about the club has remained with me all this time, and I watch their games whenever they show them on US tv, although I do not follow them religiously.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Haha, hey in that era we were better than United, why did so many vote them?! They won nothing in the 70s, we won plenty! Including the Cup Winners Cup against Gornik!

~ The Green :Dne

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Well, if Mila goes to Wien, it's still a step up from Groclin and may even prove to be a stepping stone for him to go to an even bigger club.

But, I would prefer him to go to Fulham.
Going through the city boards and fanzines, many people are suggesting getting Mila cos we need some creativity. A lot of city fans know about him after THAT free-kick.

~ The Green ;)ne

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The Green One said:
Haha, hey in that era we were better than United, why did so many vote them?! They won nothing in the 70s, we won plenty! Including the Cup Winners Cup against Gornik!

~ The Green :Dne
Memories. :D

Looks like Fulham will make the race for Mila.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
The free kick which gave groclin the away goal to knock us out of the UEFA Cup. It was horrifying to go out to Groclin. After that draw we didn't win for 14 games on the trot.

~ The Green :(ne

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
Oh, I know what free kick that was, I was saying how great it was.

I have a video clip of it, the Polish commentator goes crazy when he scores ;)

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Bah, pised me right off that did. It signalled 30 minutes plus a whole other game of diving and play acting to waste time from your lot.

~ The Green :mad:ne

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
The Green One said:
Bah, pised me right off that did. It signalled 30 minutes plus a whole other game of diving and play acting to waste time from your lot.

~ The Green :mad:ne
Hey now, I support Wisla, not Groclin

1 - 20 of 31 Posts