Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Corinthians signed this centarl defender.

Is he really that good as the press is saying?

I know he was the Newell's capitain last season (and that Newell's won the Apertura League) but I've never seen playing.

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
Well he played very good, but the promise of Newwell's btw is noy him is Garay, the kid in Sudamericano, but above all Dominguez is really bright, the first time you heard him speking you may think he is a lawyer, really a smart centre dude, his tactical knowledge is amazing and I think he is really young, He isn't super skill, but nevertheless his brightness to read the game, and his will to be better every day may assure him a great career.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It seems he is a good signing then. :thmbup:

I am sure he will do well here in Brazil. Even mediocre Argentine defenders seem to do well (like that one that used to play at Santos and Atlético Mineiro a few years ago, I forgot his name).

·
18,041 Posts
yeap it might be, but till now he isn't Gonzalito Rodriguez anyway...

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
What happened to Leandro Fernandez?? The other defender who almost made to Athens Olympic team. I remember he was one of the 3 back defender along with Burdisso and G.Rodriguez..

·
18,041 Posts
He is at San Lorenzo I think, Coti is too much nervous dude, but has quality for sure.

The one that is a mistery for me that didn't have a good season is De Michelis, the dude was buy by Franz by himself, and he was sure classy in river, don't know what happened to him, anyway he must be as much 23 no?, I hope as I said this kid Garay from Newell's make it grand, he is big, strong, skill, excellent shot, he has everything, but man who nows, today nervous, he made a penalty...

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Dominguez is a solid defender and performed very well for Newell's in their championship winning season last year. Also think he will have a bright future.

Like Fangio has pointed out there are huge expectations on Garay who is a starter on the Sub-20 NT and is no doubt a very talented defender.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Galvan was not mediocre, he was a great defender, not because he didnt have sucess in argentina that he is mediocre

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
PMLF said:
It seems he is a good signing then. :thmbup:

I am sure he will do well here in Brazil. Even mediocre Argentine defenders seem to do well (like that one that used to play at Santos and Atlético Mineiro a few years ago, I forgot his name).

Not really...

Horacio Ameli was mediocre at Sao Paulo (too slow)
Same for Celso Ayala (this one Paraguayan, way too slow, fat as a pig)...

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
fangio, demichelis has been playing well in germany, always features in the cl. i think demichelis should be in the nt with ayala, milito and heinze as our four centerbacks.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
What do you guys think of a dorsal spine with Dominguez- MAscherano & Carlos Alberto , Gil- Vagner Love & Carlitos??

Libertadores winning material or what?? :):)

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Ze da Fiel said:
What do you guys think of a dorsal spine with Dominguez- MAscherano & Carlos Alberto , Gil- Vagner Love & Carlitos??

Libertadores winning material or what?? :):)

Very strong team, enough power to be probably fourth best team in the greater Sao Paulo indeed.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Bordon is gone! said:
Very strong team, enough power to be probably fourth best team in the greater Sao Paulo indeed.
jealousy in the air...... I just know that Sao Paulo will always be 3rd in whatever competition :howler: :howler: :howler:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts