Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Roma started it and Juve finished it.

The 10 straight wins for Roma at the start of serie A is the best ever start of a serie A season.

Some weeks ago Juve set a new record of won scudetti.

Today two new records were broken. Juve's 19-0-0 home record is the best ever home record and the only time in serie A history that one team won all of its home matches, no matter if we're talking about a league consisted of 16, 18, 20 or 22 teams. 7 other teams came close to reaching this goal, but they were all 1 win short of a 100% home record. Juve finally did it.

And of course, the 102 points won by Juventus are a new and absolute record.

Perhaps there were some other minor records broken, like Juve's record of beating every single team at least once, which was the first time someone did it in a 20 team serie A. But the main ones were those above.
Juve had a chance to break two records Inter set in 2007. The 17 straight wins one was unreachable and Juve stopped at 12. The 22 points difference between the winner and the second placed is another record that remains in Inter's possession. Due to Roma's very good season, Juve won the league by "only" 17 points.

As a Juve fan I like these records, but I sincerely hope that next year won't be a record breaking one like this season, and the teams will be more competitive, without someone ridiculously dominating the league.

·
Administrator
52,111 Posts
My favourite statistic is 48 points above Milan. Unheard of in my two decades of following Serie A.

·
Registered
43,076 Posts
Whatever you say about the level of the league now, the home record and the points record is still very impressive.

·
Registered
12,131 Posts
The home record is also a European record. Previously, the Bordeaux team of 84-85 held the record with 18 consecutive home wins.

And of course, 102 is a top-5 Euro leagues records. Celtic holds the overall Euro record with 103 points.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You will likely break the 22 point difference record next season.
I don't think it will happen.

In order to break such a record you need a huge difference in quality, but also you need something to give you motivation and push you forward.

In 2007 Inter possessed the needed quality, but they were also motivated by calciopoli (they wanted to prove that they were really good but didn't win due to Moggi). Also, that Inter was hungry for trophies and success. That's why they reached those 97 points.

This year Juve were pushed by Roma almost to the end of the season, and that's a huge reason behind those 102 points.

Next year, if no team gives Juve a challenge, Juve won't be winning as much games as this year. So even if Roma and Napoli do worse than this season, Juve won't do as good as this year and they won't win the scudetto by a +22 point margin.

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
interesting stat...

juve only won one match in the champions league. against a side from denmark. :D

·
Administrator
52,111 Posts
interesting stat...

juve only won one match in the champions league. against a side from denmark. :D
Interesting stat, you almost have as many losses as you do wins.

Another interesting stat, not 1 but 2 teams in Torino are superior to your team to this season. I could go on for a while. Its almost like this Milan season deserves its own thread for all the potential negative records. What do you say, are you up for it your royal rossnero-ness?

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
Interesting stat, you almost have as many losses as you do wins.

Another interesting stat, not 1 but 2 teams in Torino are superior to your team to this season. I could go on for a while. Its almost like this Milan season deserves its own thread for all the potential negative records. What do you say, are you up for it your royal rossnero-ness?
go for it. nothing you say bothers me.:D

milan won more games than juve in CL.:D

#hilarious

·
Administrator
52,111 Posts
Aslong it consoles you I'm happy for you :thumbsup:

·
Registered
17,495 Posts
Well they haven't even qualified for the CL next season or the EL for the matter, how the mighty have fallen.

When was the last time Milan didn't qualify for European competition?

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The thread is about the broken records in serie A, not about Milan. They didn't break any record this year. Their only contribution to these records were the two defeats against Juve. Without those two wins Juve weren't gonna break the point record.

So, thank you Milan, but you don't belong in this thread.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Osman talked about Milan initially, is he still welcomed?

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
The thread is about the broken records in serie A, not about Milan. They didn't break any record this year. Their only contribution to these records were the two defeats against Juve. Without those two wins Juve weren't gonna break the point record.

So, thank you Milan, but you don't belong in this thread.
nobody besides juventus fans care about that record. this thread belongs in the juventus section.

can a moderator please remove this filth? thanks.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
16,825 Posts
Yeah, the general idea around here might be that the league is so shit that the records are of interest only to Juve fans and that this might be simple rubbing it in.

·
Administrator
52,111 Posts
Shut it Alen :D

Speaking of records: 1035 - In the Serie A 2013-14 were scored 1035 goals: the highest tally since 1951-52.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts