Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
:(

Falcone was having such a great season too.

·
Registered
46,447 Posts
Falcone out for 5-6 months. :moan:

12 April 2005 - "anterior cruciate ligament rupture in the right knee": this is the injury which occurred to Giulio Falcone. Season ended, the defender will be operated by the prof. Marcacci in Bologna in the next days. He will need 5-6 months at least for a complete recovery.

gazzetta.it

·
Registered
46,447 Posts
... and Garrone officially propose him the renewal of the contract anyway. Now the hope is that Falcone appreciates, accepts and comes back as strong as before.

·
Registered
822 Posts
It's a bit like when Joan Laporta offered Henrik Larsson an extension after his knee injury in the autumn of last year. Only Henrik had just joined and hadn't even had or refused any offers prior to his injury.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Very bad news, that, esp just before playing Palermo where Toni is on fire, followed by Parma (with Morfeo and Gilardino) and Roma (no intro needed)!

Garrone recently said that we've already qualified for Europe, which should be true, but we're really going to need some goals from somewhere if he's to be proved right, as I can't see the defense holding out quite so well fron now on.

As for the future, I'll be interested to see what influence this injury has. I still hope he stays, though you could argue now more than before than offering a 2-year extension to a 31 year-old with a dodgy knee is a bit silly.. By the same token I'm not sure how many teams will still be interested. He must be pretty damn pissed off!

·
Registered
46,447 Posts
bogliaschino said:
...we're really going to need some goals from somewhere if he's to be proved right, as I can't see the defense holding out quite so well fron now on.
Not a good period: the defense is probably no more that solid without Falcone. Castellini is also "fragile" and will be banned at the next yellow. Pavan is sometimes decent sometimes crap... at least Sacchetti is back and he could be a precious alternative both on the flank and in the middle of the defense.
Since no forwards seem really able to score apart Flachi we need the goals of Flachi but Francesco seems no more so brilliant.
We need luck!

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
What a fukin shame this guy was afukin superstar in the fukin making and **** he's gone

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
How long, is it October or November or September?

I have a bad bad bad feeling either

A) Samp will sign him
or
B) Inter will sign him

I think Samp can't afford the risk

And Inter takes too many

·
Registered
46,447 Posts
It just depends on Inter and Falcone, Samp already made their offer and it won't be lifted up. If Inter confirm their offer, which is surely higher than that of Sampdoria, and Falcone wants more money and a club with different targets, then he will join Inter.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
But that was before the injury

This is not a good investment b/c even if he comes back early, possibly October, thats a good 2 months gone and you also factor in the time to get him back to top shape

·
Registered
46,447 Posts
Pulsar36 said:
But that was before the injury

This is not a good investment b/c even if he comes back early, possibly October, thats a good 2 months gone and you also factor in the time to get him back to top shape
If it was, and it could indeed be, even if my esteem of Falcone is enormous... would it be the first wrong investment of Moratti? ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts