Xtratime Community banner
101 - 120 of 128 Posts

·
Nun c'è Problema!
3,242 Posts
Watched the last two games and have to say that I've enjoyed watching Roma again. The team plays direct and simple, even Pellegrini & Cristante look like the proper deal. But keep in mind that the real tests are yet too come.

Hard to say how this will turn out with Jose on the long run, but you have to hand it to him that he lifted the spirit of the whole team & town or should we say he knows what Roma's biggest asset is.

·
Registered
13,354 Posts
Pretty exciting team that Mou has lifted here. Starting to like Abraham a lot, too. I still see some holes in the lineup, but credit to the Friedkins and Pinto for their work in a difficult environment.

·
Nun c'è Problema!
3,242 Posts
Somehow Roma survived Sassuolo, great match if you were a neutral spectator. Again the defense and mid is still far from compact, but at least they fight and run till the end.

Really like the way Sassuolo played, hope they keep this up.

·
Registered
18,475 Posts
Let's get one thing out of the way before I say anything about the game. Roma would have had an easier time had the ref correctly sent Vlad Chiriches off for a second yellow before the end of the first half.

Now, forgetting that this happened, I would say that this was a super entertaining game indeed.

Roma's midfield did not really hold things together. There's a big difference between Cristante-Veretout and Kessie-X, though I like Cristante and find he is able to distribute the ball fairly well. But what surprised me was the lack of cohesion between your front quatuor. Zaniolo and Miki relied only on individual efforts. Abraham tried to link up in the first half but his connection to the play dissolved also in the second. Pellegrini did his best to create chances and he did indeed get a few that ended with missing the net. There is also a big difference between the way Roma's front 4 operates compared to Milan's for example.

Vina was good in the first half and then disappeared. Karsdorp offers little offensively.

Roma has good depth though, especially in the attack. Shomudorov is a fearless player, which will help Roma many times this season. I'm not sure how to assess El Sha... he always struck me as a toothless player, but at least he delivered in a big way yesterday. C Perez looked like a useful player though ineffective yesterday.

Sassuolo impressed me. Boga tore down the line 5-6 times. They hit a few posts. Raspadori looks like a smart player able to link up with his colleagues, and Scamacca was an absolutely deadly viper. He forced an amazing save from Rui Patricio on a blistering shot from outside the box, had the assist on the goal and scored an amazing disallowed goal at the end. Just amazing stuff.

Oh and yeah, that reminds me your MOM should probably be Rui Patricio. What a good signing. I was surprised. But definitely an upgrade on the garb you had last few years.

I look forward to seeing any celebrations from Mou and the team. Kudos to Mou for giving a lot of credit to Dionisi after the game. I am liking the old man modesty.

·
Registered
13,354 Posts
Thrilling to see Mou run to the curve after Elsha scored a 91st minute pearl for the coach's 1,000 match. A little scary how much space Sassuolo was able to find in our house. 9 points, +8 on Juve after 3 matches :whistle:

·
Registered
13,354 Posts
Well, 1-0 win at home over Udinese, a necessary win. Calafiore is making some good runs, nice assist today for Tammy. Lost Pellegrini for the derby, though. Mou says the espulsion was ridiculous, but I haven't seen it.

·
Registered
13,354 Posts
Mou isn't compact enough. I don't like losing to Lazio, and I complained about Mancini in the other thread, he's simply not a great defender, should not be backup captain and really should start carrying refrigerators if he puts in another performance like that. But where's the coach? Come on, man, such an arrogant approach. We have no midfield, Vina is an abyss or a winger and our defense is swiss cheese. Go light, Mou, be more cautious.

·
Nun c'è Problema!
3,242 Posts
Milan was more concrete and deserved to win. Our offensive game is still rough and consist of individual actions, the transition passing from the midfield to the attack was once again full of bad passes which then led to Milan half counters.
The defense / midfield is still not compact when defending, first 20min is a great example when Milan was going through the middle and playing one-two passes and easily creating chances.

Fatigue is kicking in on the first team and it was clearly visible even when Milan had a player sent of in the 66min.

Friedkin's still waiting for a derby win.

·
Registered
18,475 Posts
Fatigue is kicking in on the first team and it was clearly visible even when Milan had a player sent of in the 66min.
Yeah, exactly one reason why shitting on all the bench players was such a dumb ass childish intervention.

Players like Kumbulla were purchased for a reason and should be rotated in the lineup to maintain a level of form. Same for Borja (what the hell has Abraham done recently?) and others.

·
Registered
13,354 Posts
Losing to Venezia nearly full time. Caldera has the match of his life against us, of course. Mancini, Cristante allow Venezia to score three goals, practically more than their season total.

·
Registered
47,970 Posts
Yeah, exactly one reason why shitting on all the bench players was such a dumb ass childish intervention.

Players like Kumbulla were purchased for a reason and should be rotated in the lineup to maintain a level of form. Same for Borja (what the hell has Abraham done recently?) and others.
Mourinho doesn't seem to have fixed the defensive line yet. Until he does, Kumbulla is extremely liable to get murdered on the break. Could affect his career trajectory since he's just building that.

·
Registered
18,475 Posts
Mourinho doesn't seem to have fixed the defensive line yet. Until he does, Kumbulla is extremely liable to get murdered on the break. Could affect his career trajectory since he's just building that.
he's turned into a clown and not defending his players. I hope they turn on him if he continues to criticize them.

Should we talk about Abraham being quasi useless for the Serie A?

101 - 120 of 128 Posts