Xtratime Community banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
13,182 Posts
we can only hang our heads in shame, what a total collapse. Not shocking at all.

·
Professional Pirate
7,109 Posts
What’s the actual beef between fonseca and dzeko??

Pellegrini and cristante are captains now.

·
Nun c'è Problema!
3,207 Posts
What’s the actual beef between fonseca and dzeko??

Pellegrini and cristante are captains now.

The team is capable to upset Juve, but the mental strength will once again prove too much to handle.

·
Registered
13,182 Posts
That was an extremely impersonal and sterile Roma, it's becoming unbearable to watch. The coach insults our bomber, rips the captain's band off his arm, makes him train separate from the group, and hands the armband to a #4 named Cristante. After 62 minutes of non-football against a mediocre Juve, even he realized his pathetic mistakes, but it's too late. 'Sucka reminds me of a mid-level company manager with no ideas, no motivational capabilities, no answers, just taking a paycheck and causing more harm than good.

·
Registered
46,300 Posts
Yeah, from the sound of it, he needs to get out yesterday. It's one thing to be incompetent...but having an attitude and looking to avenge personal issues (on the employer's dime) on top of that.

Like Funlovin said, the team was capable. You had them on the ropes for a sustained period from kick-off. The goal came against the run of play and then you took over again. Big problem was that there was no box finisher. Why not? Oh yeah, Funsucka's been beefin'.

Reactions: Primo

·
Nun c'è Problema!
3,207 Posts
Juve didn't have to do much, compact and effective. To be fair the quality & experience is on their side and even Pirlo can't mess that up. It's kind of amusing how they always "give us" the ball and then we do the rest (Spalletti, Garcia, Di Francesco,...). Thats what i mean when I write fragile. Possession football but not effective in the last phase, defensive counter attacking football, but not compact when really pressed in our half. You have to have something concrete (that you are really good at doing) when playing the big boys.

The bar is fully set now, Fonseca proved he can bring the points against small teams and just maybe that can be enough for a fair fight for the 4th place. The truth is that even with some quality improvements in the summer the team has reached it's limits with this coach.

·
Registered
17,722 Posts
At the same time I feel bad for Fonseca. His consistent results against small teams is not a small feat. I'm just wondering what people expect with the players he has at his disposal. The comparisons would be telling if we looked at the line-up of Roma vs that of Juve, Inter and Milan.

The one team who can pass you in the standings because of better management imo is Lazio. There is a risk you fall out of top 4, but again it's not clear to me you have a better team than them on paper.

·
Registered
13,182 Posts
The problem with the fighting for fourth place is that only 3 points separates 4th place from 7th place in the standings, and we seem incapable of defeating anyone with any quality.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts