Xtratime Community banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Squad for the match against CSKA Sofia

squadEL.jpg

Smalling to get his first match since his return from Manchester. Mayoral to start instead of Dzeko, he hasn't done anything special so far, can hopefully help secure a victory through a goal or two, so Dzeko can get fully rested the whole match.

Boer, Zalewski and Milanese are from primavera. Roma primavera are topping Primavera 1, with five wins out of five. Zalewski is the top goalscorer so far with 5 goals.

·
Nun c'è Problema!
3,186 Posts
Horror show...

Bunch of wannabees. I hope one day Cristante or Fonseca release a biography, I'm really curious about their relation. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
104 Posts
A mix of first and second team players should be able to beat a midtable team from Bulgaria at home. Pellegrini and Dzeko thrown in there, when they could have needed to rest fully for the Fiorentina match, which is already on sunday.

·
Registered
104 Posts
"Do you play/or are you on the books for a top level team?"
"Are you on the bench most of the year or get loaned out?"

Well, we got a place for you!

As Roma: Taking your squad players and rotating them here 💖
Pretty much sums it up. Such a shitshow.

·
Registered
13,139 Posts
A win at home vs Fiorentina would be a nice way to start November and give fans struggling across the world something to cheer about. I'm glad we invested a bit in the back during the offseason, but really would have loved Gaetano Castrovilli, star midfielder from Fiorentina. He does it all. His price has probably jumped by another 33 percent since the start of this season and he has the potential to be a starter on the Italy senior squad.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Mirante with a long ball towards Dzeko, both Milenkovic and Martinez Quarta concentrates on duelling for the ball with Dzeko, ball goes over all three players and lands at Spinazzola's feet, who has made a good run on the left. Spinazzola first passes the ball into Caceres, but picks it up again and scores.

2-0 comes on a counter attack after a Fiorentina corner. Veretout picks up the ball on the left and passes it to Dzeko. The ball goes from Dzeko to Mkhitaryan, who finds Pedro. Easy job for Pedro to tap it into the net. Good counter attack, and link up by the three on top.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Good 5-0 win over Cluj in the Europa League, they did make it quite easy for Roma though.
Finally the reserves show their worth. Borja Mayoral with his first (and second) goal for the club,

18 year old midfielder Tommaso Milanese made his debut, and was involved in the fifth goal.

Milanese.png

·
Registered
104 Posts
Next match is away against Genoa, and it will be without Dzeko, as he has tested positive for Covid. So Borja Mayoral will have to step up again, and show his worth.

Speaking of forwards, Genoa has Gianluca Scamacca on loan from Sassuolo. He is a Roma youth academy product, and could be a good long term replacement for Dzeko in a year or two. He has scored 4 goals for Genoa so far this season, 2 in the cup and 2 in the league. Also has 17 goals in 31 apps for Italy on youth level (U19, U20 and U21).

·
Nun c'è Problema!
3,186 Posts
Miki with his first hat-trick for Roma. All in all we continue with good performances and the limits of some players are showing. The goal we conceded was quite naive, but also credit to Genoa's team play.

Hope we see Mirante back after the international brake, Pau Lopez just doesn't have the nerves to play from the back, there was a number of situations when his ball clearing put the team into a difficult position.

The defense will only get better with time. As for the wing backs i think they reached their peak, there is not much more you can do with this quality (maybe Fonseca can squeeze out a little bit more). Spinazolla is maybe the only one who can maybe go even higher, but i feel he lacks the "head" for it (hope he proves me wrong).

Diawara has to get back into the team after the break, Cristante just isn't cut for this kind of play or even level of play. Let him play EL and coppa matches but that's that. Such a limited player, I would gladly switch him with Brighi, Dacourt, even Bradley.

The mix of the offensive trio Dzeko - Pedro - Miki is a joy to watch. Mayoral still has some time to click, but i doubt he was the right choice for Roma. Let's hope our renaissance trio stays healthy as long as possible and that we have enough cover from the bench when needed.

Enjoy while it lasts.

International break :rolleyes:

·
Registered
104 Posts
I read somewhere that no Roma player will be participating in the upcoming International matches, due to Dzeko testing positive for Covid. If thats the case, then its excellent news.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts