Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
61,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No thread yet so I thought I would start one having watched Verona 0-0 Roma in week 1 earlier this evening.

Roma certainly had their chances at Bentegodi. Mkhitaryan and Pedro were wasteful in the first half and that proved costly. That aside, Verona keeper Silvestri also did well on Veretout and Pellegrini. Spinazzola, who had a good game in attack, hit the bar in the second half. Would have been a great goal.

Dzeko stayed on the bench all game which proved costly, with him playing you probably would have won.

Kluivert came on rather late and didn't do much.

I thought Roma defended poorly, Kumbulla could help though when he is integrated.

·
Registered
13,139 Posts
Thanks.
Don't recognize this Roma. No plan, no project, no leader, a lost puppy for a coach, new owners have no knowledge of the game. It's tiring.

·
Nun c'è Problema!
3,186 Posts
It's interesting how things are developing at Roma in the pace of 2020 but for a Roma fan nothing unusual :ROFLMAO:

So Džeko can't move to Juve because Milik is in a legal fight with Napoli and everybody is waiting. Wouldn't be surprised if Juve get another striker or even Džeko gets the move done and scores for Juve on sunday against us on the Olimpico.

Also "I love my pay-check Jesus", was officially frozen out of the team and been told to finally accept a transfer to another team. You won't see that happening if you ask me, just chilling with his man Pastore :whistle:

Football wise, we are as raw as you can get, the first half was watchable but a proper team will bury us. Let's see if Kumbulla gets a start against Juve.

Pellegrini captain, Cristante vice-captain 🤡🤢

·
Registered
13,139 Posts
So much dead weight on the squad chilling with Pastore in the pasture

·
Nun c'è Problema!
3,186 Posts
Juve sign Morata, Džeko is staying (till now). We lost against Verona due to a bureaucracy failure. The person responsible for that may take job with Verona.

Smalling is still "close".

We are connected to a lot of dead weight.

Soon zero points after 2 games.

Allegri is dancing and so are we...

·
Registered
13,139 Posts
So glad we didn't play Dzeko vs Verona, oh that's right, it wouldn't have mattered anyway because the club didn't list Diawara on the eligible list so the club lost the one point we managed to scrape up at Verona. I mean, you can't make this up. AS Roma is a tragic comedy. Sit back in your seat and enjoy the humor. The Friedkins are about to learn the same lesson as Piglotta - we are an unmanageable group.

·
Registered
13,139 Posts
New vice-Dzeko is Borja Mayoral who signed a two-year loan deal from Real Madrid, not a great fan of Spanish strikers in Serie A but whatev
Is there a particular reason we draw Cluj every time we play in Europa League? 😒

·
Professional Pirate
7,107 Posts
"Do you play/or are you on the books for a top level team?"
"Are you on the bench most of the year or get loaned out?"

Well, we got a place for you!

As Roma: Taking your squad players and rotating them here 💖

PS: wtf are these emojis...I just want the :proud: to be back...

·
Nun c'è Problema!
3,186 Posts
Won against Udinese. Far from a compact team, i doubt it will be different after 10-15 games into the season...

Roma

·
Professional Pirate
7,107 Posts
Also shout out to Cluj. Always making us sweat in Europa like we’re playing seven a side footy for our Sunday league.

We were a top ten side for world football...shid we got played.

·
Registered
13,139 Posts
we got smalling,Ibanez playing great, Mirante works better, building from the back finally

·
Registered
104 Posts
Squad for the match against Milan,

RomaSquad.jpg

Smalling still missing. Providence called up, apparently did well in primavera match against Lazio (4-0 victory to Roma).

Roma have a tight schedule with matches being played during the midweek too. Young Boys match wasn't prioritized, but several first team regulars were introduced during the match, to help secure the victory. EL group isn't too hard, and the next couple of matches are being played at Olimpico, so Serie A must be made priority for Roma.

Will be a tough match away against Milan, the only team with remaining flawless record in Serie A. Unsure about their covid situation, but they too rested players in their EL tie against Celtic.

·
Registered
13,139 Posts
Our only hope is beating Kjaer, I have no idea how this player is starring on a league-leading defense, he was a disaster waiting to happen, we need to use him tonight and grab a point

·
Registered
104 Posts
Early goal by Zlatan, he was allowed to move from the centre of the pitch to five meters from goal unnoticed. Spinazzola and Kumbulla were unattentive.

Leao cross easily slotted in by Zlatan.

·
Administrator
53,108 Posts
Dzeko goal off corner, total amateur goalie mistake by Milans nr 2.

·
Nun c'è Problema!
3,186 Posts
In the end 3-3. Two non-existent penalties and some rookie mistakes on both sides.

Ibra still dominating in air and holding of the ball. I was never a Florenzi fan boy but Karsdorp shouldn't be even near this Roma team. But hey that's our reality Jesus, Karsdorp, Cristante... 🙄

·
Registered
104 Posts
Missed the game after Roma's first goal. Not easy to catch these weekday games when you're a 40-something family man. Watched the highlights, the team showed character and grit to come back three times, and before the match an away point against Milan would be considered a good result.

The defence should have been more attentive to Zlatan on the first goal, and Karsdorp let Leao breeze past him too easily before Milan's second goal, also Ibanez could have done more to prevent Leao from making the decisive pass. Leao really seems to have found himself on Milan's left side.

Both penalties seemed way soft.

Dzeko showing good team spirit and leadership through his reaction on the third goal, I guess the transfer saga during the transfer window wasn't his choice.

·
Registered
15,925 Posts
To be fair, Milan's penalty was soft. Roma's penalty was scandalous. Fonseca was being a bit disingenuous with his comments (not that I blame him, other coaches would too) in lumping everything together in such a way. The refereeing was terrible but certainly skewed in Roma's favour. As a result, take this as a lucky point away from home against a rival. This is football, at some point you'll be on the other side of the coin.

Having said that, I think Roma are a decent side. The way in which the ball was quickly moved to the flanks did stretch us at times, with some decent interplay between the front 3 attacking players. Hopefully it proves fruitful for you against the likes of Inter, Lazio, Napoli, Atalanta ;)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts