Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, will we?

It seems we will make a few changes to our line-up, a line-up where the main players have won it all and seen it all. Our key performers have all achieved their goals already.

Their should be less pressure, since we aren't in our "centenary" year anymore, but i am just question the lack of motivation we might see.

Adding more starting youngsters to the mix, and creating more competition for spots might do us good, but the question remains whether Del B will actually do that, its highly unlikely.

What do you think?

·
Registered
17,451 Posts
I was just cruising around in that Savio website Lablanca found.

Reading the stats, he scored 18 goals in the 99-00 season:eek:
I always said he should play forward. He would get alot more playing time up front then on the left, and I think he likes playing forward as well, so why not give it a try. Whenever he plays he always impresses in those rare chances he gets.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wrong thread Kiyan! :)

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
hmm, wrong thread, but I'd question the validity of those stats.I can't believe Savio scored 18 goals in that season, he rarely played once Del Bosque took over and started playing the sweeper formation.

Anyway, talking about next season, I think motivation....it depends you know, there's just too many factors involved, and I believe it is impossible to predict something that can even get close to the truth, and if you do happen to make such a prediciotn, its just lucky.

Think about it, on the one hand, most of our players have achieved almost everything at club level, but most of them are coming off disappointing campaigns at the World Cup, so who knows, they may wanna make up for it with a good league campaign.It depends so much on Del Bosque, and the rest of the management.They have to make sure they keep the players on their toes.Valdano, Perez, Butragueno, these guys.

The goalkeepers, as long as they're here, I think will perpetually be competing for the number 1 spot, because they are both so hard to seperate in terms of quality.Salgado always seems demotivated, you never know what to expect from him.Carlos enjoys the game too much not to be motivated IMO, and Hierro loves our club too much.Still dont know who's gonna partner Hierro, although I have a sneaky feeling it may be Helguera.The club has always looked like it wants Helguera to take over as the leader of the defence in the long term, and after the good aprtnership Hierro and Helguera dispalyed in the World CUp, I reckon we may see that partnership in the heart of our defence.Not a move I particularly like, although I guess it seems to be the only way a class player like Helguera can find a spot in the side next season, because I'm pretty certain Del Bosque is going to atleast start the season with the diamond next season.

Figo and Zizou will want to forget the World Cup, Raul again, loves the club too much, Morientes it seems is constantly having to prove himself, and Solari, well, I'm not quite sure what may motivate him.Maybe a better contract?

And against all this, the fact that all of these players have won all the titles they can win.

The guys who aren't in the side, and the youngsters, should be motivated , and if not, they simply do not deserve to be at the club.

Anybody get a weird feeling that we won't sign anyone this season? Everybody seems to be slipping through our fingers.

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Playing for Real is a privledge and that alone is a great achievement and motivation to uphold the standards of the club:)

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
I agree Che but we see it as fans. It all boils down to the make up of the player and what drives them. I think you can safely say that Raul is a winner and you cant really question his motivation and his drive to win 99% of the time. If all the players were like him we would be OK. :)

Having competition throughout the squad is what you need. The introduction of the youngsters and the arrival of Cambiasso who will all be hungry is a great move and will keep the senior payers on their toes. Personally I think the one player who needs to motivate himself is Figo, he has muttered on a few occassion about retiring sooner rather than later which would seem to indicate he may be disillusioned with the game and the pressure of being a superstar. I hope Im wrong and he has a great season.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jose,

Great post, but its those players that might not be motivated (Zidane, Figo) that are untouchable, there is no competition for their places.

Merengue,

There is nothing to say that Zidane and Figo will not be too excited about another Liga season. It could be just like "going to work" untill Euro 2004 comes along.

Raul i have no doubts of motivation, but injury is something i fear for him. he has played more minutes then any other player in the past 2 years!

·
Registered
17,451 Posts
On the wrong thread subject;) Shayan I think 18 goals in all competitions in all competitions for Savio. Not just that La Liga.

For me, the player who has the most to prove here is Figo. A dissapointing WC and end of the season. I think he wants to prove he is still the player he used to be. I think Salgado too knows his time is soon coming to an end at the club, he needs to step up and claim his place.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Vampire Lestat said:
its those players that might not be motivated (Zidane, Figo) that are untouchable, there is no competition for their places.

that worries me.:( the giants are pearlescent hidden trouble.even they are too old to fit,just like the franch NT this time.at last the coach dare not to replace them.:( would it be possible that no a young midfielder raise in a few years?:rolleyes:

to talk about the motivation,im afraid the coming season might be plain.:(

·
Third Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
20,440 Posts
I think we should be motivated...Here are some reasons:

1) ...centennary year is not over yet...

2) ...we still have NO european supercup in our trophy rooms! What a shame!

3) ... the Toyota- Cup is always special esp. for our players from south-america

4) ...winning mentality. The Bernabeu doesnt forgive losses and bad playing.

5) ...I guess Zidane is hot for a Liga-title as well, and wouldnt deny a second CL-title either.

6) ...Figo will prove that hes still not that old iron to which he was made in the last months...

7) ...Raul is still in hunt for records in La Liga, CL and internal Madrids scoring rates. Also he still dreams to win the golden boot of the best european scorer once.

8) ...new young players promoted to the first team, that will be hot! Portillo has the potential to fight with Moro for a place. And Minambres with Salgado. Pavon with Helguera, Cambiasso with Makelele. That means there is no space for unmotivated players.

9) ...Hierro has won so much. Its his penultimate season...hes still full with motivation, now focussed completely on RM and he can lead the team to win.

10) ...Perez wont tolerate loosing. You can be the star in one season, but if you dont bring the effort, youre away from the window. Watch Figo. Injured, not fit the last half a season, already rumors around Joaquin coming next year. Though I really like Joaquin its a reason for Figo to show his true effort.

Saludos, LaBlanca

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Has the club officially announced what their expectations for this coming season is?
Then we can see how hard the club wants to drive the players..?

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
still dont believe those stats Kiyan, they're simply wrong, I am positive.:) I followed most Real games that season, and I just KNOW, I KNOW that there's no way Savio got 18 goals that season, even if you count everything competitive like Copa Del Rey, UCl,etc.

I think they're counting the friendlies as well, probably.I checked it out just now, and according to them, Real played 76 games last season(2001-02).Which can't be ofcourse.38 league games+17 UCL games+2 Super Copa games=57.I don't think we played 19 games in the Copa Del Rey.;)Far as I remember, we played 6 games in the Copa Del Rey.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Merengue,

You are correct. I can verify this later today, but we played something like 64 games last season with the Copa Del Rey. Valencia played 49, so its pretty clear which team was fatigued in the stretch last year.

Thats why i think we should just send the complete back-up 11 in Copa Del Rey games. I'm serious! It doesn't mean forgetting that, its not like our back-up 11 is all that bad, it will infact give some of those players much needed playing time, and a chance to compete for starting spots.

Thats what i do in CM3 at least! :embarass:

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Vamp, you can do it in CM3 and get away with it.. :rolleyes:
But remember the Copa is a elimination competition and throwing these 11s into the first match will be suicidal!! Not to mention continue..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts