Xtratime Community banner

201 - 211 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
11,728 Posts
What was your user name before? DelijaZauvek? Welcome back

Zvezda drew Genk, Hoffenheim and Slovan Liberec in their Europa League group. Hoffenheim just smashed Bayern Munich 4-1

·
Zeko lopove...
7,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #204
Tough group.
Considering who we could have gotten, it's actually quite a good group. We actually got Gent, not Genk... quite a big difference in terms of quality between those two sides.

In Pot 1 we avoided literally all the big teams. In Pot 3 we got one of the better sides, and they will likely be group favorites, but at the same time if their focus turns to the Bundesliga they might rotate against us. Lastly we got a solid Czech team in Slovan Liberec, but nothing worse than what was there. I'm really grateful we didn't get Lille or Nice. We always struggle with the French teams, and I'm just glad we avoided them. Is it an easy group? No, nobody is saying that, but it's not as difficult as it could have been. My favorite group is Celtic, AC Milan, Sparta Prague and Lille. 7,8 years ago that would have been a Champions League group.

These were the pots -

Pot 1 - Arsenal, Tottenham, Roma, Napoli, Benfica, Bayer Leverkusen, Villareal, CSKA Moscow, PSV Eindhoven, Celtic, Braga, Gent.

Pot 2 - Dinamo Zagreb, Sparta Prague, Slavia Prague, Ludogorets Razgrad, SC Young Boys, Crvena Zvezda, Rapid Vienna, Leicester City, PAOK, Qarabag, Standard Liege, Real Sociedad.

Pot 3 - AC Milan, Granada, Hoffenheim, Feyenoord, AEK Athens, Rangers, AZ Alkmaar, LASK, Maccabi Tel Aviv, Hapoel Beer-Sheva, Cluj, Molde.

Pot 4 - Lille, Nice, Lech Poznan, Sivasspor, Zorya, Rijeka, Slovan Liberec, Dundalk, Royal Antwerp, Wolfsberger, Omonia Nicosia, CSKA Sofia.

·
Zeko lopove...
7,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #205
Derby coming up on Sunday vs. FK Partizan at the JNA Stadion. We go into the match 8 points clear of them who are in second after 10 of 38 games played.

·
Registered
11,728 Posts
Derbi was uneventful.. Partizan scored a messy goal, Zvezda scored a deserved penalty.

Playing Hoffenheim right now in Europa League. Gacinovic could have had a penalty kick against Zvezda,... Our shirts look to be in homage of the Admiral shirts from 78 when Zvezda knocked out arsenal

·
Registered
11,728 Posts
Halftime 0-0. I think Zvezda could have had a penalty at the end of the half due to a push In the back during the only dangerous attack they had but I'd need to see a replay.

I can seeErakovic will soon be a starter for the National team

·
puzz!eshock
1,815 Posts
wasnt that a dangerous tackle? looked like it was a clear studs up

·
Registered
11,728 Posts
I think the studs were down, the next replay made it look like there was zero contact. Deki ends up getting kicked out of the game after that goal.

Triple substitution coming up for Zvezda in the 72nd minute

·
Registered
11,728 Posts
2-0 ft

·
Registered
11,728 Posts
The basketball team beat CSKA Moscow 86-84!!

201 - 211 of 211 Posts