Xtratime Community banner

721 - 740 of 748 Posts

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #721
4-0 win yesterday with Joveljic getting his first two senior goals in his debut start for us. Radonjic and Ben got the other goals.

Very good performance and you could tell Milojevic told the players to go out and enjoy themselves.

Vojvodina away and Vozdovac at home to end what’s been a fantastic season.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Zvezda should target Dominik Dinga for a loan spell.
Only 20 but a very talented CB. Having a hard time breaking through Russia. Was a starter at 18 then lost his spot. Regained it and lost it again. I think he will probably want to go on loan and Zvezda would be a good stop to take his game to the next level. Was captain of his youth generations. Have no doubt he would succeed at Zvezda but the question is whether Ural will let him go or not.

Also, good to see Joveljic getting the much deserved attention. Kid has something special. His gameplay and personality. Fearless. Just needs to work on getting stronger this summer. Needs to workout with L. Jovic ;)

·
Ne oprastam
12,643 Posts
Goals aside Joveljic looked very good, just needs to put on some of that Luka Jovic muscle though.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Le Tallec => OUT (his brother Anthony said he's looking for a new project)
Adzic => ?
Radonjic => ?

If Hoffenheim's offer is over 8M i think we should sell him and convince Adzic to stay.

Jovancic => IN
Medojevic => ?
Meleg => ?
Jevtovic => ?

Medojevic didn't played a lot these last years but i like the idea to sign him in order to put him in defense.
I like Meleg, he could make a good duo with Pesic.

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #725
So a season that started on the 28th June 2017 has finally ended on the 19th May 2018.

3 competitions
56 matches
41 wins
11 draws
4 losses
124 goals for
30 goals against
100 points won in the league

Champions of Serbia
Last 32 of the Europa League
1/4 Finals of the Serbian Cup

What a season it's been that was capped off with a fantastic evening tonight at the Rajko Mitic, a 5-1 win, goodbyes for Donald, Le Tallec, Luka Ilic, Andjelkovic...maybe Srnic, maybe Milijas...

But tonight's game summed up the season, 100% effort for the entire game, a fantastic team spirit and some absolutely brilliant football both offensively and defensively.

Vladan Milojevic and his team take huge huge credit for this but also Zvezdan Terzic and Mitar Mrkela who have worked brilliantly with Vladan to make sure we have the team we do. Defensively solid but created chances and I feel like the team has evolved as the season has gone on, almost becoming more fluid and better to watch. He's made every single one of these players better than they were before.

It looked shaky in Malta and but started to look better in Pavlodar,. We were putting together as we went along, every new match brought a new debutant. When we drew Sparta, many of us thought our European dream was over for another season...but we absolutely bossed them with Boakye and Kanga showing their class...an invasion of Prague and a Srnic - Boakye 1-2 meant play offs.

It was thought that Krasnodar would be too much, a Russian side who were good but not attractive. A tough first half but then Milojevic's tactics and we come home with a 3-2 loss. Then one of the most epic games many have ever witnessed vs Krasnodar. The outpouring of emotion after 10 years of hurt. Radonjic and Kangaaaaa bringing us joy.

For most of us, this was enough. A tough looking group but we started to fancy our chances. A disappointing draw at home to BATE where we let the win slip through our hands before a Boakye bomba brought home the points from an atmospheric Germany. Arsenal were next and we were unlucky. Rodic sent off before Giroud's bit of class crushed us at the death.

Off we went to the Emirates with not much hope, but a 0-0 draw that should have been a win, with Boakye missing 2 sitters and Vujadin Savic almost, but not quite emulating his old man. We then went to Borisov, with a win taking us through, chance after chance but we'd have to do it vs Koln. It was tense and tight but Srnic got the winner to make history, 26 years later...we were finally in the knockout stages!!

Next was CSKA but missed chances (again) meant taking a 0-0 to Moscow. We were close, very close...a couple of cms close but a 1-0 loss finished our European journey.

Domestically we dominated, 100 points won, 96 goals scored, a goal difference of +77 and 23 more points than Partizan and finishing 17 ahead at the end. A fantastic title.

The only negative that we couldn't complete the double, a draw and a penalty loss to Macva in Sabac put paid to that.

Away from the pitch we've seen a brand new pitch, new seats on the Sever and a newly painted roof. Training pitches for the academy and the first team and continuing work on the Zapad.

The marketing team have improved so much, players visiting schools, Zvezda TV expanding further and further, an English twitter account and a new kit being unveiled before the end of the season.

Suggestions already that transfers for Dejan Meleg and Dusan Jovancic have already been completed.

Thanks to the board, the coaching staff and the players for a memorable season. It looks like we're going in the right direction, hopefully it continues!!

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #726
And so erm Zvezda players may have set fire to the bus that was taking them on a victory parade to Sv Sava...no one got hurt thankfully

Just saw this on twitter...

Zvezda players celebrating the title...

:howler:

·
Registered
11,679 Posts
Bahahahahhaahhaha the celebration was nuts. Watching people post stories on instagram trying to get around BGD was awesome:pride:

Nice summary Dule

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #728
Few videos from last night:

Highlights

F0yBUc4WcTM

Title celebrations

vqPCrAWYkjw

(Savic's son with Gobeljic :howler: )

The coreography from a fantastic view

V8KUYpmnSEk

:proud:

And a view videos from the boys at RSB:

pkQbtS-s5cA

oQpvaa1XgIQ

-YqZBrsz_dg

T1hmO_VetwM

AMYYjpGSt-M

·
Zeko lopove...
7,464 Posts
Absolutely insane scences. What a coach, what a team, what characters, what fans.... what a season! I've not stopped smiling all month. Who knew that on June 9th of 2017 (the date of the photo below) we would have the best season in 25 years after this man walked through the doors? Not I and I'm pretty sure most of us thought the same. I'm forever grateful for what he has done. Uz tebe smo Miloje! Samo rad!

·
Ne oprastam
12,643 Posts
I like that we are going after Serbian players who are still relatively young and just had a poor year or two abroad and need a reset. We seemed to chase too many past it dinosaurs in the past, this strategy is much more effective.

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #733
Game 1 of the Serbian KLS playoffs starts at 18h CET where we're at home vs Partizan.

Not sure what to expect but hoping for the best to at least try and salvage our season before we start again next summer.

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #734 (Edited)
Football wise I'll be opening up a new thread shortly as our season starts relatively soon in terms of pre-season, European draws etc and of course transfer news.

Here's a good look at all the rennovations that have been completed recently. Looks great!

GnSHIZUX0W0

I love this brickwork on the zapad and I'm hopeful this is what will be done completely round the stadium. Really are seeing nice things happening. I think preparations (as seen in the video) are also being made for a plateau outside the Sever.

I also think separate doors are now being made for the club shop and the membership office. The club it seems are starting to push the club membership again and I'd recommend getting it, even if it's just for the 20% discount you get in the club shop. Makes quite a difference.

A few things to update on playing wise, our omladinci are 1 win away from the title and a spot in the Youth CL after beating Cukaricki 4-1, Delije came to show their support. Joveljic has an injury so didn't play but Luka Ilic got permission from Man City to play.

Our final game is vs Partizan, at Teloptik at the weekend. Given that we shifted most of the better U19s to Graficar in the Srpska Liga Beograd, it's quite impressive we've been able to stave off Kokeza's club's challenge and the match fixing shit they're doing...even at kids level ffs.

cTPlgHjBNG0

I think Kadeti are also close to wining the league, and the Pioniri may have already done so.

Also website looking much better with lots of additional info now, former players, Zvezdine Zvezde etc. Much improved to what it was looking like before.

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #735
New third kit for next season by the way, in which we played in vs Vozdovac:

Already on sale at www.redstarshop.rs

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #736
Comfortable 25 point win in game 1 for us. Next game is on Wednesday.

·
Registered
44,357 Posts
Jovančić is officially in now.

Mrkela is speaking to Braga regarding Nikola Stojiljković as a potential signing but I really don't see how it's going to happen when they want €3,5 million for him. Rapid Vienna are really interested in signing him though but I don't think any team want to pay that much.

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #738
That figure seems a lot higher than what was suggested on RSB or b92 where there's guys with good info. From what I read it was about €1.25m or so but even that's a lot. If it's as high as you suggest Zoric then no thanks. He's not that good.

From what I understand, we want a foreign striker as first choice an experienced Serb as second and then Joveljic.

Would appear that Meleg and Jevtovic are also close but their Turkish clubs are a bit of a problem in terms of them getting out of their contracts and we may have to pay transfer fees.

Mrkela also confirmed today that we've got an offer from Gent for Racic.

·
Zeko lopove...
7,464 Posts
I was never impressed that much with the Braga forward, but Milojevic worked with him at Cukaricki so he knows his qualities and clearly we can trust his judgment :D

This might be the first summer mercato where I'm actually somewhat relaxed as I know we have professionals who are in charge, trying their everything to sign the best player for a system and not just because they heard from someone that he's a world-class talent.

Mrkela gives me serious confidence. I hope Milan Jevtovic signs, seems like the type of player that would die for the jersey. We saw how important that is during the course of this season. He would be a good replacement for Srnic who is surely on his way out.

·
Zeko lopove...
7,464 Posts
What a sweet, sweet win, 81:73 in front of their fans. We win the semifinal series 2:0 to go into the final where we'll face one of FMP or Borac Cacak where FMP is currently up 1:0. Milenko Topic has come in and done a great job considering the circumstances in regards to where we were after Alimpijevic left. A title at the end of the season would be a great result. Game video below...

Rochestie was huge (huge props for staying with this team through thick and thin) as was Jankovic. He needs to work on his mentality, but on his day can be a great player. If he is to take the next step forward, someone really needs to have a word with him and teach him the European style of basketball.

77rQUNbL5es

721 - 740 of 748 Posts