Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are at the midway stage and the difference with Inter is minimal (2 points). At the beginning of the season I have predicted a close race with Napoli, as I thought they were the most stable squad while there were alot of changes at Inter and Juve, how wrong was I.

Anyway, looking into the remaining matches of the season we also have the edge over Inter as the crucial match against them will be played in Turin.

Also looking at the traditionally tough matches we seem to have the easier schedule:

Napoli vs. Juventus
Juventus
vs Fiorentina
Juventus vs Inter
Milan vs. Juventus
Juventus
vs Atalanta
Juventus vs Lazio
Juventus vs Roma

Only Napoli and Milan are away (2), all other matches are at home (5).

If we can successfully navigate the Napoli match at the end of this month and get the 3 points taking advantage of their poor form, then the remaining tough fixtures all look "winnable", at least on paper. The only worry for Juve would be slip ups against the smaller sides.

Looking at Inter's fixtures:

Inter vs. Milan
Lazio vs. Inter
Juventus vs Inter
Roma vs. Inter
Inter
vs Fiorentina
Inter vs Napoli
Atalanta vs Inter

Milan, Fiorentina and Napoli are at home (3), while the remaining matches are away (4).

How much of a distraction the Europa League for Inter would be a crucial effect on the Scudetto race as matches are played on Thursday nights.

Another important factor would be the January transfer market, while Inter are focusing on strengthening by signing the likes of Eriksen, Vidal, Giroud, Juve are focusing on trimming the squad by offloading players like Perin, Pjaca, Can.

·
Registered
17,518 Posts
We need to keep focused on the league, but i think we all know the CL is our priority.

I hope that won't come to cost in Serie A though.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Conte being that true Lecce fan, gifts them a point. We need to take advantage against Parma tonight to open up a bigger gap. Hopefully the trident starts and bring home the points.

·
Administrator
52,350 Posts
Lecce are quite weak team, but they managed to take points from but us and Inter lol.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

+4 lead!!

Huge performance from Cris, unlucky not to get a hatrick tonight. Dybala mesmerizing as usual but his finishing was terrible. De Ligt with a monstrous performance, hope he keeps it up

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lecce are quite weak team, but they managed to take points from but us and Inter lol.
Disagree, they are a very cagey team and make life difficult for the big teams visiting Via del Mare.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Both Inter and Lazio draw 1-1 in their respective matches, perfect chance to open up a gap with the chasers.

As I mentioned earlier, this is one of the most difficult matches on the schedule, a win here will go along way.

Sarri starts with Dybala, Pipita and Cristiano all together vs Napoli who are missing Koulibaly and Allan:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts