Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Scottish football fans have handed over more than 800 football strips and other kit to children in Bosnia and Herzegovina.

Gifts were collected by the Tartan Army (fans of Scotland national football team) and other Scottish supporters after a Christmas appeal by the Bubamara football school in Sarajevo.

More information and photos at
-
www.scotlandia.com - Sarajevo Tartan Army
- news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/4120809.stm - BBC News

Well done Tartan Army! :thmbup:

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
I wonder if they got any Ross County shirts?

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Nice gesture for a good cause. Would have been nice to see a few clubs get involved though and donate some new shirts. Also the SFA could have donated some new Scotland shirts too.

·
Banned
3,469 Posts
reminds me of the time in 1990, when the Scotland team gave some underpriveliged kids a football autographed by the squad.
The kids looked at it and asked "Has Jim Leighton signed it?" and the Manager said "No, but he got a faint touch on it while we passed it 'round";)

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Sounds just like his playing days.

Why were they so keen on the toothless wonder, do you know?

·
Banned
3,469 Posts
I should say that I saw jim Leighton play for ManUre at Wimbledon, and he was outstanding - he just went to pieces about a year later, to the extent that the crap joke I posted above is from the Man U fanzine:)

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
To stick up for gumsy, I was at the Scotland-Sweden match where he had one of his best ever matches. You've got to respect his courage as well to keep going in at the feet of striker's :thmbup: He was never going to be a pin-up anyway...

Maybe that's a footballing title we could claim in Scotland. Most amount of teeth lost by players.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Angle_eyes said:
To stick up for gumsy, I was at the Scotland-Sweden match where he had one of his best ever matches. You've got to respect his courage as well to keep going in at the feet of striker's :thmbup: He was never going to be a pin-up anyway...

Maybe that's a footballing title we could claim in Scotland. Most amount of teeth lost by players.
Of course, ol' Craig Burley's another toofless wonder, ain't he?

·
Banned
3,469 Posts
Angle_eyes said:
. You've got to respect his courage as well to keep going in at the feet of striker's :thmbup: He was never going to be a pin-up anyway...
When I saw him he had injured his back, but he was still diving at players' feet, like you say.
he was gutsy, and for a long time he was excellent.

I'm feeling guilty for posting the joke now:)

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Attila_the_Nun said:
When I saw him he had injured his back, but he was still diving at players' feet, like you say.
he was gutsy, and for a long time he was excellent.

I'm feeling guilty for posting the joke now:)
Guilty?But what about those bandy legs? And the vaseline, as Marco says. A goalie of all people needing vaseline to keep sweat out of the eyes :rollani:. Although I guess you can't blame an ex-Scotland and Aberdeen keeper for sweating buckets.

·
Banned
3,469 Posts
Angle_eyes said:
Guilty?But what about those bandy legs? And the vaseline, as Marco says. A goalie of all people needing vaseline to keep sweat out of the eyes :rollani:. Although I guess you can't blame an ex-Scotland and Aberdeen keeper for sweating buckets.
I think the goal against him by Egypt was punishment enough for all his sins.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts