Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why are sooo many scotish fans against england? Yesterday they were moaning after we won argentina, saying england were lucky? It was never a penalty? We should have lost?

All i have to say is we scored more goals than argentina which makes us better than them. If they were better than us then they would have scored more goals.

PS. Are scotland EVER going to be in the world cup

·
World Class Player
7,673 Posts
mcyates said:
Why are sooo many scotish fans against england? Yesterday they were moaning after we won argentina, saying england were lucky? It was never a penalty? We should have lost?

All i have to say is we scored more goals than argentina which makes us better than them. If they were better than us then they would have scored more goals.
England and Scotland are the same country - so I don't see why they shouldn't back us. They know that they don't stand a chance of making it past the 2nd Round of any World Cup or European Championship, so supporting us would be the only way to accomplish anything.

mcyates said:
No, but they would have stood a chance in the 19th century.

·
World Class Player
7,673 Posts
Russell said:
no they are not........
Yes, they are. Countries and nations are different things. Scotland is a nation, The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland is a country.

·
International
9,526 Posts
Re: Re: Scottish fans against England?

Bastin said:

No, but they would have stood a chance in the 19th century.
there were only 5 of us playing the bloomin game in the 19th century, and the only tournament to enter into was the home nations. Now if we were Americans, we might have referred to that as the world cup;) but since we aren't, I guess that is the closest that Scotland has come to winning an international trophy.

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
mcyates said:

Firstly, It was a penalty, secondly you are not better than Argentina. On the day England were the better side. But going on your logic, Senegal are better than France & Cardiff better than Leeds.

and to the last comment, we've already been represented at the Finals 8 times and we'll make it 9 in Germany 06.

I am not against england, if they lose I'm glad because I get to laugh at the arrogant English, If they win I'm happy for my decent English friends who know they are not World Beaters and will admit they are not consistent enough to win the damn thing.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
our FA was run by idiots (still is) and they didnt even bother to enter world cups, if they had lost the 'home international' (1966 being the prime example - we were offered a place but refused for some stupid reason)

makes me sick as back in the 60's there was some great players, and Scottish clubs were doing well in Europe, and perhaps we could have made some sort of positive impact

1967 C**** won the Euro cup with 11 guys born within 20 miles of Glasgow, and Rangers made the final of the CWC with 90% Scottish players that same year (as well as in the early 60s) yet we never bothered our arses to enter international tournaments :mad:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts