Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
Couldnt be a better draw for Gretna.

They are now 9/1 with Laddies and they are good bet as well.

I'm now a Gretna fan for the cup, sorry Danny V :D

·
Registered
520 Posts
Teddy Bear said:
Hibs v Hearts

and

Gretna v Hamilton or Dundee
:frustrat: I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS SHIT! HOW THE F*CK CAN WE HAVE THE LIKES OF GRETNA IN THE UEFA CUP NEXT YEAR? IT'S A JOKE.

I'm no too bothered about getting Hearts because we have to beat them at some point anyway and I'm fully confident we will beat them and win the Scottish Cup.

·
Registered
7,017 Posts
I was hoping for a Hibs-Hearts final.

Disappointed.

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
Danny_Vanquish said:
:frustrat: I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS SHIT! HOW THE F*CK CAN WE HAVE THE LIKES OF GRETNA IN THE UEFA CUP NEXT YEAR? IT'S A JOKE.

I'm no too bothered about getting Hearts because we have to beat them at some point anyway and I'm fully confident we will beat them and win the Scottish Cup.
I sense a lot of frustration in you Danny! Chill Winston!

Are you disapointed because you will have to get past the mighty Gretna, scared maybe :tongue:

·
Registered
520 Posts
maradona10 said:
I sense a lot of frustration in you Danny! Chill Winston!

Are you disapointed because you will have to get past the mighty Gretna, scared maybe :tongue:
Chill m10, it's only Plank lol. Na I wanted a Hibs v Hearts Final and I'm pissed off now.

A very good point was brought up on the Real Radio Football Phone-In. Instead of the Winners or Runners-up of the Scottish Cup going into the UEFA Cup, it should be the team who finish 4th in the SPL.

This would make more sense as Aberdeen fully deserved to get a UEFA Cup spot just as much as Hibs last season. We shouldn't have teams going into the Final thinking "It doesn't matter if we lose, we still have the UEFA Cup." That way, teams can accept 2nd place and we don't want that. We want teams going all-out to win the Cup and not sit back and give us the supporters, a crap Final.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Danny_Vanquish said:
Chill m10, it's only Plank lol. Na I wanted a Hibs v Hearts Final and I'm pissed off now.

A very good point was brought up on the Real Radio Football Phone-In. Instead of the Winners or Runners-up of the Scottish Cup going into the UEFA Cup, it should be the team who finish 4th in the SPL.

This would make more sense as Aberdeen fully deserved to get a UEFA Cup spot just as much as Hibs last season. We shouldn't have teams going into the Final thinking "It doesn't matter if we lose, we still have the UEFA Cup." That way, teams can accept 2nd place and we don't want that. We want teams going all-out to win the Cup and not sit back and give us the supporters, a crap Final.
The scottish cup is already bad enough as it is, its just plain luck that this year has been one of the best years for a long time. Taking away the Uefa cup place would erase all the remaining shine and would mean we end up with two league cup compititions.

·
Registered
520 Posts
A.Murray said:
The scottish cup is already bad enough as it is, its just plain luck that this year has been one of the best years for a long time. Taking away the Uefa cup place would erase all the remaining shine and would mean we end up with two league cup compititions.
Taking away the UEFA Cup spot wouldn't take away any shine at all. Teams don't think about that spot too much anyway, just winning the Cup is enough for any team and it puts us in a better position to do well in Europe if we have the likes of Kilmarnock or Aberdeen in the competition rather than the likes of Gretna.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the UEFA cup qualification should remain for the cup winners, it would devalue the cup too much otherwise. however i cant see much justification for qualification being available to the runners up (apparently UEFA are going to stop this - but i dont know if it applies for this season or next)

·
Registered
520 Posts
Teddy Bear said:
the UEFA cup qualification should remain for the cup winners, it would devalue the cup too much otherwise. however i cant see much justification for qualification being available to the runners up (apparently UEFA are going to stop this - but i dont know if it applies for this season or next)
Aye FIFA are up to something with the runners-up getting the place, shouldn't happen but we'll find out if FIFA do something about it.

·
Registered
520 Posts
maradona10 said:
Who here has a Ladbrokes online account?
Na, I'm with Skybet. Legends

·
Registered
520 Posts
Marco Negri said:
Betting is a sin, lads.
Not if you only spend big on special occasions it's not.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Danny_Vanquish said:

Im glad we've drawn you's in the Semi. Couldn't handle a Hearts-Hibs Final. especially if you beat us!

But I have full confidence in us and with Hibs having Riordan suspended and O'Connor hopefully away, we can do it, Hopefully :stress:

·
Registered
520 Posts
Rudi! said:
Im glad we've drawn you's in the Semi. Couldn't handle a Hearts-Hibs Final. especially if you beat us!

But I have full confidence in us and with Hibs having Riordan suspended and O'Connor hopefully away, we can do it, Hopefully :stress:
I feel the exact same way about not being able to handle it. I'd be sitting in the stands with my knees trembling having a cold sweat. :stress: I still think we're going to win the Cup but if we lose then the only consolation we can take is that it wasn't in the Final. Nevertheless if we lose then I'm going into solitary confinement until next season as I'd get slated from a minority of my mates :stress:

Riordan suspended :doh:
O'Connor maybe leaving :doh:
Dalglish cup-tied :doh:
Ivan Sproule starting? :horny:
Scott Brown returning? :horny:

Can't wait. :stress:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts