Xtratime Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,451 Posts
chivoexpiatorio said:
we'll get the game in the diddy cup out the way before...
PMSL :D

chivoexpiatorio said:
All the pressue on the dark half.
Firstly, I think you'll find that Rangers are the Dark side of the force. Satans XI.

Do you think the pressure is all Celtic's? It's not our manager who is competing for his job. WE are the Champions, lead the league and are holders of the Cup in question in this match. I'd say the pressure is all the other way. TBH although of course I want to win, I'm not too bothered about this match. In what has been a shaky season for us, I'd much prefer to concentrate on the league.

· Registered
1,451 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I can't stand losing to Rangers and I'll be puking buckets if we lose, especially at Celtic Park where we haven't lost to you for yonks. However, in the grander scheme, I am more interested in winning the League title, it's the one that get's Champions League access, although we may have to play a qualifier again (not sure - do you know?). Yes I'd like us to win everything, but I also know the order of preference of which I'd like us to win.

chivoexpiatorio said:
No one at Ibrox has ever said McLeish's job is jeopardy.
Do they ever? I have told you before, I don't read newspapers, they are yesterdays news and always with a horrible taint, political, sporting or otherwise. I get my news from the internet in a far more timely fashion. I can make up my own mind though. To me, McLeish has made a few very strange tactical decisions, playing players out of position (using big Marv as a striker in a CL qualifier, for example and Zurab / Ricksen swapped last night) and I don't think his signings have been wonderful either. Losing so many matches to Celtic hurt Rangers hugely and the blame can be laid at his door. IMO, he was lucky to win a treble and that has distracted Rangers from the reality of how poor a gaffer he is. His comments last night that his players were "amateur" was ill-advised as well IMO, by all means criticise, but that was going too far. Personally I think, barring success, his days are numbered.

· Registered
1,451 Posts
I think you'll both agree with me that both teams look like they'll drop more points in the weeks and months to come. In fact, I think this years winner will have the lowest points total probably since the 3pts for a win rule came in to being.

I would remind you that McLeish also failed to qualify for the CL this season and has now presided over the exit from the UEFA Cup. These competitions were important as far as income is concerned and I believe that is a big concern of Murray's. I think if Eck doesn't win the league this season, the shoogly peg his jaicket is on will hit the deck. I agree with you that O'Neill is not infallible, but in the eyes of the fans and the board, sainthood is not enough for the man. I don't think the Rangers fans hold McLeish in anything resembling such high esteem. When Rangers went 7 pts behind Celtic and out of the CL, there were loud calls for his head then.

· Registered
1,451 Posts
Agreeing with two of you lot in one day! FFS what's the world coming to?

· Registered
1,451 Posts
Well, I am now back from my hols. I never saw the game but I have seen the goals. All I can say is :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.