Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Celtic top of a group which features Italian giants Lazio.

Rangers just downed CL winners Porto and in convincing style to boot.

Stevie G doing great work up in Glasgow.

Actually curious to see how far they can go.

I think this shows how important it was, Rangers returning to a position of strength and actually challenging Celtic - for years Celtic were coasting without their rivals, and I'm not sure they'd be doing this without the presence of Rangers.

·
Super Moderator
13,224 Posts
really great to see Rangers start to make a comeback, not the least under Stevie G. Hopefully they’ll keep up and we can see them in CL where they belong in the near future.

Lazio “giants” though... :D

·
Administrator
11,264 Posts
Recent seasons, minus Juve, beating Italian clubs in Europe isn't much of an achievement.
Conte's attitude is a good example of this, complaining about 'lack of planning' when they had one of the busiest transfer windows, which most would call very impressive. The mentality is often wrong.
Would be nice to see Scottish NT get better results too.

·
Registered
33,562 Posts
Celtic were one of the worst teams we've faced in years last season tbh. And we were/are pretty average.

But maybe they are better in Europe under Lennon than Rodgers.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
9,979 Posts
Celtic were one of the worst teams we've faced in years last season tbh. And we were/are pretty average.

But maybe they are better in Europe under Lennon than Rodgers.
They were somewhat of a mess at the start of this season in Europe too, they seem to be playing better football now and have some key players back, more efficient as well. I think they could surprise some in knockouts

Personally I find Rangers’ comeback really intriguing with this young Colombian Morelos popping off, Ryan Jack, Barisic, Tavernier, Helander, Davis, Ojo ,Kamara, Arfield, Defoe, etc.. and also considering the current scandal finding out they shouldn’t have been ruined by the Scottish FA the way they were..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts