Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SSN saying he will sign within the next 48 hours , Hughes is saying also on Sky news after Bridge signing he needs 5 more players ! ..

Santa Cruz will be the next signing I guess ..

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Poor mans Gareth Barry. In a good way. Half the price because he isn't playing in the top 4, but just as talented. Another sensible signing imo, that will slot right into our midfield.

·
Scudetto
23,388 Posts
I remember just a few years ago how everyone was all ":eek:" just because Keane was earning £52,000 a week, the top earner in the EPL :D

So fast the time is moving!

·
Sheperdesque
21,256 Posts
i was always a fan of Scott Parker

you guys gonna go for Duff as well? :)

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Where d'you get that figure from?

Not that I care. I'm more bothered about us apparently improving his £70k a week salary. That seems about right, or even a little steep already for a player of his quality.
can`t remember the site I was reading yesterday but Sky Sports have mentioned it as being 12m as well earlier..........

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
Bridge is so and so, but Scot Parker in a club with unlimited resources. Amazing what Mark Hughes is doing.

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
Scott Parker is the kind of player to secure a top 10 finish.

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
I don't think there is nothing wrong with signing Bridge and Parker, but going for Bellamy would be madness.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
All still paper bollocks at the moment it seems. I've heard we're getting Parker, but I've also heard that it's a combined Parker/Bellamy bid. I can understand Bellamy from a squad perspective, but it still leaves the issue of a regular goalscorer with a bit of presence up front.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
I'm a bit ambivalent towards this transfer. He's a decent player, but I don't think he's the kind to take us into the top 4. I think he'll improve us in midfield, but I'm not sure if he's a major improvement on what Johnson offers us. He'll give us a presence, but I can't get too excited about this transfer.

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
Unless we get an offer in the region of £15 million I can't see us letting him go. He's our most valuable player.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
He's good, but I think there are other targets out there. Maybe Tymoshchuk from Zenit, or van Bommel, who hasn't signed an extension to his Bayern contract yet. Although ideally, we want someone who will be guaranteed to make an instant impact. And lets face it, if Parker is the player Hughes needs, then we can afford to not care about money. Normally, I'd be a bit concerned about handing a fortune to a rival with time to spend it, but I don't think West Ham are likely to be spending it all any time soon.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Scott Parker is solid and could get into most sides in the league either then those of the top 4, and I think at least medium term he will be a solid member of your squad. He gives you everything you want in a defensive midfielder. He runs all day, flies into tackles, organises and is very consistent. His technical ability and distribution is also quite consistent.

Good signing in my opinion

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
Well his only problem is how injury prone he is; otherwise a quality player. Anyhow when money doesnt fit in as an issue J100 000 per week isnt a problem for a player like Parker.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Well his only problem is how injury prone he is; otherwise a quality player. Anyhow when money doesnt fit in as an issue J100 000 per week isnt a problem for a player like Parker.
I keep hearing this. Is he actually injury prone, or is all of this based on the fact that he just happened to be injured for most of last season? He played over 40 games the season before, and over 30 the season before that too. Plus I have a theory that it's West Ham that's injury prone, rather than any of their actual players.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts