Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not confident about this one at all, along with Burley winless after three matches, and the players currently out injured - would be more than happy to come away with a point. Caldwell & McManus are certianly not in the greatest of form either.

My lineup would be below, but I think burley will go more defensive.

------------------Gordon------------------

Broadfoot----Caldwell---McManus---Naysmith

Fletcher----Hartley----Brown----Maloney----

--------------McFadden----------------
-----------Miller-----------------------

bbc review:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/7595971.stm

·
Registered
59,254 Posts
Temperature tomorrow in Skopje: 36 C :eek:

Horrible KO time to be playing them.

A draw I think'd be a good result. Pandev I guess will probably play.

·
R0naldo
23,405 Posts
we will play pretty attacking...
SO this is probable line up:
...................MIlososki
..............Sedloski--Mitreski-Noveski
Lazeski ............................................Petrov
Sumolikoski ............................. Taseski or Grozdanoski
......................Pandev
Maznov............................Grozdanoski

So we will play wiht 3 CBs and 2 full back wings with little defensive mentality...
And we will play with one DM Sumolikoski and Grozdanoski as PM.SUmolikoski can play as a PM too but he will probably play defensive..
In the attack we have Pandev as playmaker forward and two strikers..
About the temperature in Macedonia.I am not over there but i read that the temperature is really high.TOday on the training even our players could not stand the heat but they continue with preining...

SO wish you luck guys.We have really good team and i am only worried about their mentality cos sometimes we are loosing our self in some matches and we easilly recieve goals....

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
this is the team

Gordon
Alexander
Naysmith
McManus
Caldwell
Brown
Fletcher
Hartley
Robson
McFadden
Miller

defence looks poor but the midfield and strikeforce don't look much better. relying on a bit of luck or a bit of inspiration from mcfadden if we want a result, but i dont see it.

btw anyone have any streams for the game?

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
The pre-match warning was not to get to close to Macedonia's players round the box as they would dive for set piece plays. That's exactly what's happened and the referee (officiating his 3rd match - he was suspended in his homeland last season) gave a free kick (that wasn't) right in front of goal. Good free kick, great save by Craig Gordon but the home team reacted quickest to take the lead in the 5th minute.

·
Registered
59,254 Posts
how many people can now fit into the stadium? half of it seems to be under construction.
Would be a shame if only 8000 could come on Wednesday

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
Full time. Two average teams but not the worst Scotland performance I've ever seen. Home fans will feel they deserved to win, away fans will feel a draw would have been fairer (watch the 2 penalty claims).

Does WC2010 need either of these two nations? Time will tell.

·
R0naldo
23,405 Posts
Congratulations to our boys.The referee was awful..I mean for Macedonia.There was one penalty for Macedonia and one for Scotland maybe...
I am setisfied with our play after all we are 57 on fifa rang list and Scotland are 16
man of the match Velice Sumolikoski easilly

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Congratulations to our boys.The referee was awful..I mean for Macedonia.There was one penalty for Macedonia and one for Scotland maybe...
I am setisfied with our play after all we are 57 on fifa rang list and Scotland are 16
man of the match Velice Sumolikoski easilly
Very well said!!!
First half we played very well, second half Scotland played great. To be fair it should have been 1-1. However if it was not for the Scotish keeper we would have had 2-3 more.
By the way the ref was bad for both teams.

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
The ref failed to give 2 penalties to Scotland, one an absolute stonewaller, gave a non existant free-kick to yet another Macedonian dive for the goal, and after dive after dive, eventually booked ONE Macedonian for diving. And he was bad for both sides? No, but I don't expect anything else from continental teams nowadays. Macedonia deserved the win fully, but don't kid yourself on.

·
R0naldo
23,405 Posts
ahahhahah.what a non sense comment..That ref could have easily being killed.Just because it was too damn obvious he was against us..That mother ****er was banned for 6 moths for a bad arbitrage in one game..
But if that is you consolation than its ok.we got the 3 points.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
The ref failed to give 2 penalties to Scotland, one an absolute stonewaller, gave a non existant free-kick to yet another Macedonian dive for the goal, and after dive after dive, eventually booked ONE Macedonian for diving. And he was bad for both sides? No, but I don't expect anything else from continental teams nowadays. Macedonia deserved the win fully, but don't kid yourself on.
2 PK when did you see it? Funny how you did not say anything about the PK for Macedonia in the first half. If the goalie made contact with the ball it would not have gone that far. The free kick, the guy went after our player with 2 feet, even the Scotish guy doing the game said in international games you cant do that. Our player did not get the card for diving because it was not a dive he put it through the D's legs and he came across. He got the card for talking to the ref.
I was the first one to say Macedonia did not deserve to win, it should have been a draw but should would doesnt win games. The reason you lost was not cause of the ref it was cause you could not score.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imo - no point in moaning about the result, i think macedonia deserved their score - gordon saved it from being more. the free kick that led to the goal was very questuanable though. However - they had more good chances than we had. And I think their win was deserved. The only consolotation, is that holland wont find it easy in macedonia, and nor will norway, but 3 points in iceland is a must!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts