Xtratime Community banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Scotland gets new National Coach
Monday, 24 Jan 2005

Anna Signeul has been announced as the new Scotland women’s national coach. The 43-year-old Swede has extensive experience in European competition and won the Under 18 UEFA Women’s Championship as a coach.

Anna made over 240 appearances as a player in the Swedish Women’s Premier League and has been the head coach for Swedish girls’ youth teams since 1996.

She said: “I am honoured to be the Scotland women’s national coach and relish the challenge. The Scottish FA has invested a lot of resources in women’s football and I am delighted with the opportunity to join the association. The Scotland squad have made great progress and are at a good level, and hopefully we can work together to build on this. I am looking forward to getting started.”

Anna takes up her post on March 1, and her first game in charge is expected to be Scotland v Belgium on Saturday 12 March at McDiarmid Park in Perth. The Scotland Squad is currently ranked in the 1st Strength Category (1-20) in Europe, and the team’s long-term goal is to qualify for the UEFA Women’s Championships play-offs in 2007.

Source: Scottish FA
-----------------------
Scotland narrowly missed qualifying for the Euro 2005 finals to be held later this year.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts