Xtratime Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of people consider the goals to the top4 as a strong indication of the ability to score. CDM for example underlined the fact that Borriello's goals were scored to minnows. Infact he scored just one goal to Inter and no goals to the other clubs.

I won't consider the PKs.

Pandev 3+8
Totti 3+8
Cruz 3+6
Trezeguet 2+14
Rocchi 2+7
Langella 2+6
Zalayeta 2+6
Floccari 2+5
Sosa 2+4
Giovinco 2+3
Camoranesi 2+2
Pisanu 2+2
Vucinic 2+2
Gargano 2+0
Borriello 1+12
Di Natale 1+12
Mutu 1+9
Quagliarella 1+9
Del Piero 1+8
Maccarone 1+7
Cassano 1+6
Hamsik 1+6
Ibrahimovic 1+6
Kakà 1+5
Amauri 0+9
Bellucci 0+9
Pazzini 0+8
Suazo 0+8
C.Doni 0+7
Gilardino 0+7
Tavano 0+7

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Lol Ibrahimovic has scored only 7 goals that are not penalties :eek:

·
Administrator
53,989 Posts
I thought you knew that? Good thing he assists everything they do, because he has been more unprolific then usual. Hardly scores in open plays.

I mean, DP has more open play goals then him.

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Maybe you should expand it to top6 or top8, because this is not a lot of data to work with, 3 goals at most. From the table it indicates that Camoranesi is a better scorer than Mutu, which is a bit counter intuitive.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
I thought you knew that? Good thing he assists everything they do, because he has been more unprolific then usual. Hardly scores in open plays.

I mean, DP has more open play goals then him.
Of course- he can hardly walk for the last several months.

·
Registered
17,969 Posts
I don't see the issue, i mean it will always be more difficult to score against a strong team than a weak one. Toni is obviously right, it's hardly a case which deserves statistical significance, especially as there is a minority of big teams and you play more against mid-table and small teams as a result.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Also we must consider the likes of Totti, Trezeguet etc. play less games against big teams as they are one ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.