Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lot of non-Italian clubs have midfielders and sometimes
defenders who score regularly. In italy they are hard to find.
eg Beckham, Scoles, Roberto Carlos, Giggs, Solari, Figo, Zidane, Gerard, Valeron, ...

Is it about the quality of Italian midfielders and defenders?

The way they play?

Or the championship (Zidane eg scores more in Spain than in Italy)?

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
kcII said:
A lot of non-Italian clubs have midfielders and sometimes
defenders who score regularly. In italy they are hard to find.
eg Beckham, Scoles, Roberto Carlos, Giggs, Solari, Figo, Zidane, Gerard, Valeron, ...

Is it about the quality of Italian midfielders and defenders?

The way they play?

Or the championship (Zidane eg scores more in Spain than in Italy)?
I think it has to do with the highlt tactical game plan which exists in Serie A. Midfielders and defenders are supposed to play their position and are rarely encouraged to attack or be individually-creative. Take a look at Contra. He is a defender which always likes to come forward, and many times score. Same with Kaladze. But because they (especially Contra) have attacking instinct they are sometimes left on the bench even if they score from time to time. Ancelotti and other Italian coaches do not encourage defenders to attack; They expect eack player to have their own role and leave the coring to the strikers….

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
Re: Re: scoring midfielders and defenders

Marius said:

I think it has to do with the highly tactical game plan which exists in Serie A. Midfielders and defenders are supposed to play their position and are rarely encouraged to attack or be individually-creative. Take a look at Contra. He is a defender which always likes to come forward, and many times score. Same with Kaladze. But because they (especially Contra) have attacking instinct they are sometimes left on the bench even if they score from time to time. Ancelotti and other Italian coaches do not encourage defenders to attack; They expect eack player to have their own role and leave the scoring to the strikers….

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
I agree it does have to do with our tactics in italy. ancelotti wouldnt know how to attack if his life depended on it. milan have great players and could go far, but with him cozhing, their best players are on bench.

i watched the bayern v real madrid game last and saw zidane show just how good he really is. he never played like that for juve because lotti never had attacking tactics for him. del bosque knows how to get the best out of him and zz shows it all the time.

i think the coaches like lippi, cappello, lotti, zacheronni to name a few, really dont know how to get the best out of their players. for example, how can lazio not be good when they the likes of fiore, mendieta, liverani, giannichedda, castroman and porbovsky in their midfield. it just proves that zacc cant find the best way to play them where coaches like del bosque can field a line up of zz, figo, helguera, solari, macca at teh same time. its just amazing!!

their some defenders and midfielders who always score in serie a though. eg, tudor, fresi, doni...but not as much as the others.

·
Registered
220 Posts
good POINT cug.

does cuper use his midfielder for goal scoring. i see only that holland guy seedorf scores. zanetti sometimes, very rare.

what about doni, morfeo, fiore, NAKATA, ,,etc. there are few. but not encouraged to score. i accept ur points.
Now spanis, premier league, and even bundesliga, have attacking style.

don't know when serie A, going to adopt this.

conte in juve. scores twice a season, i think so.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
good point, did i mention Conte???
sowwwwwwwwiiii my mistake...actually, he used to score abit though.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Thats because in the italian clubs midfields are sappost to defend and that have nothing to do with the player......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts