Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Scolari fancies Italian job

Thursday 27th June 2002

Brazil boss Luiz Felipe Scolari has invited a Serie A club to appoint him when his contract expires after the World Cup.

"I'm going to be unemployed following the final and I've always wanted to coach an Italian team, returning to the country of my parents," revealed the 52-year-old.

"I'll spend seven days at home and in that spell the whole Brazil group will be dismantled. I regret that we all have so little time together as this is a wonderful squad."

Scolari nonetheless has various options to consider. "After a holiday with my family, I'll listen to proposals from clubs at home and abroad as well as one to continue from the Brazilian football federation."

The former Gremio and Palmeiras boss recalled how he struggled to adapt when he replaced Emerson Leao as Brazil manager in June 2001.

"For two or three months I was completely lost," he admitted. "I was a club manager and it was a massive shock. But I began to understand things and I settled down."

Scolari also revealed that he has benefited from the experience of leading his country.

"I've had contact with different schools of thought, styles and schemes. The World Cup is an excellent stage and has changed my vision. I want to take this to club football," he said.

"Before I saw the press as my enemy, but I've now realised they are important to show how much the fans love the team. It's very easy to motivate the players. You just get a film of the Brazilan fans and show it accompanied by a Zeca Pagodinho song.

"I will not change the team who have played the last matches," Scolari added.

"I'm happy that Pierluigi Collina has been appointed referee. He's not just good, he's spectacular. Everyone here is satisfied he has been nominated.

"Germany are a great team and have got this far after suffering in the qualifiers. We're both in good shape physically and we'll just have to see how we handle the psychological side.

"I do not want my players feeling pressurised. I've told them they won't die if they do not win. They just have to want to play football. There is no greater motivation than seeing so many people supporting us."

onefootball ;)

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Well maybe he could get an itlaian job, the one that leades that AZZURI!

i mean he started all three R's at the same time plus Cafu, R.C., and Juninho

to us that would translate to

Vieri, ADP, Totti, Zambrotta, Pirlo on the pitch at the same time

Pirlo can play left wing as he does it for milan usually.

Perfectly attacking while secure due to Nesa canna and a ambrosini.

Lav

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
His addition to any Serie-A club will be valuable.

I can't really see him taking over as the Azzuri coach.
Italy, a country so rich in football histrory and achievements, having to resort to a non-Italian coach, will be peculiar. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts