Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Scolari has revealed that Internazionale star Ronaldo will make his international comeback against Saudi Arabia on February 6. "We will call him up because this is part of a bigger project to prepare him for the World Cup," he said.

Ronaldo has been in and out of the Inter team in recent weeks after returning from a serious knee injury. He is still suffering from muscle problems, but they are not expected to keep the former Barcelona striker out for long.

And Scolari said on Wednesday that he expects Ronaldo to play against Saudi Arabia in Riyadh.

He said: "It is almost 100 per cent certain that Ronaldo will be with us to play Saudi Arabia.

"We've been working together with the Internazionale staff and I intend to talk to Hector Cuper to make the final arrangements for this.

"We will call him up because this is part of a bigger project which we are working with Inter on, to prepare him for the World Cup," he said.

Scolari believes that Ronaldo should be able to lift a squad which struggled through World Cup qualifying.

"In my opinion his presence in the squad will be important to give us and him a psychological boost. He's got mine and Cuper's support to play the World Cup," Scolari added.

Ronaldo, meanwhile, was delighted with the news that he is on the verge of making a comeback for the national team.

On his return from France, where he visited Disneyland, Ronaldo said: "I am glad to be able to be with the team again and I think I have waited long enough."

He is expected to play for Internazionale against Venezia at the weekend.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
I cna't understand this guy.
He does not call the best center forward the country has ever had, which has just scord 21 goals in a crap team and been the top scorer of the domestic scnee, and then he calls a guy that has aonly played 4 games and scored 3 goals in 2 years. WERE IS THE LOGIC IN THIS??? The only one is the NIKE logic, cause if Romario plays, everybody knows taht he will get the headlines and not the fake Phenomenon!:yuck: :yuck: :eek:

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ze, I offer you to fake history (erase his caps for Brazil from all files) and then give him an Austrian passport. I promise he will be capped each game and possibly win the WCs after this one then. Deal..?

:)

CESF

·
Registered
15,671 Posts
Scolari should call up both, get them to gel well before unleashing the best forward combo in the world to all the other countries in the World Cup.........

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
DEAL;)

Put me and Romario up front, i'll knock the defenders out and set up ROmario to score all the goals, and Ronaldo goes with all his Nike burecrats and agents to Austria!!;)

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
guys, i'm glad that r9 will be called up. maybe we need such a influently player in our team. you know, the other players have a big confidence in their heart when ronnie in the field with them. ;)
and now scolari gotta give assuncao a chance in national team. he played very well in italy and produce many goals.;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts