Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You probably all read it already (since it also might affect Bayern :) ), but I think it is worth a special mentioning...

Mehmet Scholl has turned down the chance to play his last WC cause of his continous problems with several injuries. Moreover, he actually resigned from the national team. Being "just" 31, it is a strange decision IMO. Even if he did not manage to get fit for the WC, he could have helped us in the Euro 04 quali campaign.

With Scholl we loose one of most lethal weapons in the attack, a highly gifted midfielder with great dribblings, a good scoring and masterful freekicks. A player that never wanted to be the leader of the team but still was, both for Bayern and the NT, a very valueable and important player whenever he entered the pitch.

It is a pretty sad event for the German football, cause it will be very hard to replace his creativity in our team and I fear, with Deisler being out for the WC in all probability aswell, we will just have to rely on Ballack for our attacking play. And seriously, Ballack cant do it all: win the ball in the midfield, playing through the centre, over the wings and then even scoring cause our strikers are disabled? Ballack is very good, in fact, I consider him to be world class this season, but he cant do it all alone :undecide:

So what do you think about the situation? How should we play without Scholl and Deisler? The same way we do now? The lack of creativity in our play was evident... can anyone replace one of these two players? And do you think Deisler, though 10 years younger, might suffer a similiar fate? He seems to be very injury prone and though his talent is impressing and give us a lot of hope, the seriousness of his injuries in such a young age worries me :undecide:

Your comments, pls ;)

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
I'm really disappointed that Scholl is going to miss the worldcup;i mean he still has more than one month to test his fitness,its really stupid to give up so early............Scholl is our creative engine in midfield ,and also our cannon boy for free kicks........Moreover ,he quit international football @ the age of 31:eek: ....has he went insane or what?maybe bcuz he has won Euro96 ,so he doesnt feel like going for Euro2004...thats the only reason............
I hope Deisler gets fit as soon as possible cuz at least we do need one of them to help Ballack(Germany's man of the moment) in midfield.

·
Registered
194 Posts
:depress:

He said he knows he wont be able to help the team much in the World cup becoz of his current condition. and he is not saving himself for Bayern.

Romario and Baggio should have a talk with him:(

I really like him. I think he is very underrated. and he, being one of the best players in Europe, is no arrogant player like some other overrated "stars" :rolleyes: :mad:

Anyway, I respect his decision. wish him the best of luck next season.
have a smaller gap behind Leverkusen;)

as psycho said, germany cannott only rely on Ballack in the attack. Frings is good but I wonder if he'll get the chance to impress.
Lets hope Deisler would be fit for the World cup.
And who else do u think could be the playmaker?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts