Schmeichel can assist very well , because his arms has a great
power.!! :eek:
compare with their golden age.:cool:
I think Peter Schmeichel is better.
What do you think?

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
I have particulary enjoyed Kahn two soft goals against Madrid in two eliminations in a row and his play in the World Cup final. Truly a great keeper :rolleyes:

·
Registered
585 Posts
Kahn is a great keeper, however Schmeichel was a lot better imo. In terms of shot stopping etc its very close however i feel Schmeichel had more of a presence which troubles strikers more and was also a better commander of the backline.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
I believe Schmeichel was simply the best keeper ever. Unfortunate that he wasn't at his best in '98, because we would have taken out Brazil if he had been.

No keeper has ever had a tournament like his EURO '92. Bold statements, but I believe them to be true :).

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Regardless of Kahn's costly mistakes against Brazil and Real, there was a time when he was without a doubt the best keeper in the world.

But I prefer Schmeichel, quality- and personality-wise. ;)

·
1st Tier Poster
48,823 Posts
That's strange.I just thought about this subject 30 minutes ago as I was watching a replay of ManU-Arsenal FA cup semi-final from 1999.I think Schmeichel was better.The best keeper ever after Yashin.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Kahn is a very good goalie, but... when the pressure is up, and all eyes are on him... he folds. His inability to admit his owns mistakes is his biggest mistake of all. ;) And all his frowning and pouting look rather silly after he's eaten some frango... :D

And as for Schmeichel... the Dane was almost impenetrable. Great mental strenght, when the pressure was up he actually became bigger. :dazed:

It's an easy choice, really.

·
International
9,526 Posts
Garrincha said:
And as for Schmeichel... the Dane was almost impenetrable. Great mental strenght, when the pressure was up he actually became bigger. :dazed:

It's an easy choice, really.
I agree. As a United fan, I'm understandedly biased, but really, he was as good as anything I've ever seen. Up there with Banks and Yashin in my opinion, and maybe even better (posterity usually decides these things more than anything else;))

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I had the pleasure to see him playing for Sporting Lisbon, so i have to say Schmeichel ;)

Btw Casillas, Buffon Toldo Ricardo(portuguese) and Cañizares are far better than Kahn

1 - 20 of 23 Posts