Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Peter Scmeichel has agreed to join Manchester City on a one year deal after he was released by Villa.

Keegan announced this last night... What do the United fans think of this?

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
I'm no Man U fan but I think this will be good for City. He is a good keeper to have on board and with Nicky Weaver still at City there will be no stopping Man City in goals...

·
Registered
629 Posts
I think this is a good move for City,especially as he only has a 1yr contract.I hope that the year he spends at Maine Rd will help our existing goalkeepers learn a few things from such a good pro.With Stuart Pearce retiring in the summer the defence will need another 'leader' in there and Schmeicel fits the bill perfectly.
For Nicky Weaver,this is probably his last chance to get himself and his career back on track.An exceptional talent has been somewhat wasted as both fame and fortune seem to have gone to his head.His desire for a 'drink' is well published and he can either use this forthcoming season to sort himself out or he will surely be on his way.With City having another good keeper in Carlo Nash this is make or break time for Weaver

1 - 3 of 3 Posts