Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BERLIN, April 29 (Reuters) - Nigeria striker Victor Agali has been fired by Schalke 04 for not attending physiotherapy.

The Bundesliga club said in a statement on Thursday it had decided to part company with the player, who is suffering from muscular problems, after he failed to turn up for the sessions for three days.

"He will no longer play for Schalke," said sports director Andreas Mueller.

The 25-year-old joined the Gelsenkirchen side from Hansa Rostock in 2001. His contract expires at the end of the season.

Schalke are in seventh place in the Bundesliga with four games left.

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Nothing much to say. Stupid Agali. Terrible approach for a professional football player. He should have given 200%, since he needs to find himself a new team for next year. :rolleyes:

·
First Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
2,968 Posts
Prince-O said:
Nothing much to say. Stupid Agali. Terrible approach for a professional football player. He should have given 200%, since he needs to find himself a new team for next year. :rolleyes:
Agali is really stupid. Wasn't he already sent home when the Africa Cup was played ? It was clear since the winter break that his contract will not be renewed. Some Bundesliga-clubs were interested in him, including his old club Rostock where he had a good time. But Agali asked for a salaray of more than 2 Mio € when Rostock contacted him - even more than he earns at Schalke .. :rolleyes: - this guy surely cannot judge himself. Very sad because he is a good footballer, but one of the biggest troublemakers in the league, too.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Devil's Advocate

Rothose said:
Agali is really stupid. this guy surely cannot judge himself. Very sad because he is a good footballer, but one of the biggest troublemakers in the league, too.
If you cannot let a (even stupid) guy be his own judge, how can you expect him to respect himself?

Whatever he has or hasn't done - " he has his reasons"

Perhaps his future lies outside the confines of the Bundesliga, outside of football, outside of the pain of muscular problems.

Perhaps he can walk away from the pain and trouble only he feels and we can only speak of.

"If you will not come to my hell, do not scream at my pain."

·
2,968 Posts
@washingtone : so in your opinion, it was Agalis intention to put off the clubs which were interested in him with his high wage demands :eek: ?

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
'‘I am at my worse’

Rothose said:
@washingtone {sic} : so in your opinion, it was Agalis intention to put off the clubs which were interested in him with his high wage demands :eek: ?

IMO Agali's intention plainly has not as yet found him another club. It may have been, as your question suggests, a bad error of judgement.

I believe a person can do what ever their intelligence tells them is sound. Cantona, Ronaldo, Maradona, Di Canio are the more famous footballers whose footballing problems have been off set by their errors off the pitch. Likewise, they were labelled as 'stupid', 'troublemakers' and 'very sad'. Yet they were able to rise to the challenge of their problems and (if only temporarily) overcome them.

I am 100% certain Agali should give 200% towards doing what he feels is right for him, even if it means leaving his club, leaving Germany or even leaving the game...

“Hölle vergißt die schmerzlose Vergangenheit. Hölle leidet ohne Hoffnung. Hölle weiß, was nicht möglich ist.”

------------------------------------------------

‘As long as I can say ‘I am at my worse’ I cannot be at my worse because those at their worse cannot say a damn thing!’

------------------------------------------------

·
2,968 Posts
@washingtone17 :)D) : I'm not familar with the person Victor Agali. I know that he is ( maybe i should better say he can be...) a good footballer. He is talented and still not too old to improve himself. But this guy is wasting his talent by his behaviour imho, and this is sad imho. In Schalke, he really didn't have a good time and the fans treated him very badly, which is a shame for sure. For that reason, i can even understand that Agali is not giving everything for Schalke anymore, the fans there don't want him and the management picked him ( along with some other players..) as a scapegoat for Schalkes miserable run in the last 2 years.
Nevertheless, Agali was involved in trouble on and off the pitch a few times too often to put the blame for his situation only on the circumstances surrounding him at Schalke.
I hope that he picks the right decision for his future career.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Most goats eat what they are given...

Thanks for recognising the digits;).

So, if you were a sick goat and knew at any chosen moment your owners were going to have you for dinner, would you accept their medicine?

·
2,968 Posts
Re: Most goats eat what they are given...

washingtone17 said:
Thanks for recognising the digits;).

So if your were a sick goat and knew at any chosen moment your owners ere going to have you for dinner, would you accept their medicine?
No, but if my former club, where the fans love me, would give me the opportunity to revive my stalling career, i at least wouldn't annoy them with wage demands which are obviously impossible to match for them. I'm not saying that Agali immediately should have signed for Hansa Rostock after they asked for his availability. It's ok to listen/look for other offers. But his behaviour towards his former club was quite arrogant, esp. when looking at his actual situation at Schalke and his general reputation after having trouble in his club and in his national team.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Chopping up Humans

Rothose said:
No, but if my former club, where the fans love me, would give me the opportunity to revive my stalling career, i at least wouldn't annoy them with wage demands which are obviously impossible to match for them. I'm not saying that Agali immediatly should have signed for Hansa Rostock after they asked for his availability. It's ok to listen/look for other offers. But his behaviour towards his former club was quite arrogant, esp. when looking at his actual situation at Schalke and his general reputation after having trouble in his club and in his national team.
You are right he was arrogant towards his former club or maybe they didnt value him as he values himself; things may not have been as rosy as some people claim as he would have simply lowered his demands.

Rothose said:
But this guy is wasting his talent by his behaviour imho
Talent is not possessed; it is perceived. It is not potential; it is actual. Agali's (favorable) acts may be scant by most accounts, but that is because they want to chop him up!

We may not like a goat's behavior but we still want to consume it's delights.

We cannot ignore one without having the other;temperment and talent are indivisable.

When we eat goat we cut out the guts the intestines and the genitals etc. Is it then really a goat we have eaten?

The question is do you really want a sanitised Agali stripped to the bone?

Maybe Victor the Goat needs to go a club that values him as he values himself.

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Yeah, in an ideal world(or more precisely dream world) that would be the case. But in this world, we've got to live with what we've got. And what Agali had got, before anything had happened was nothing bad. Probably one of the luckiest men among his countrymen. So, being a little logical, let alone appreciative, isn't a bad thing.

If he's feeling alright now, good for him. But if he starts to bitch and whine and put the blame on everyone else, then that shows what a childish person he is.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
the ego of a goat

Rafo said:
But in this world, we've got to live with what we've got.
If that was the case, then we would all have 'live' with what we had the day we were born.

As the good book says:

'With nothing we came into this world and so it shall be as we leave'

Rafo said:
Probably one of the luckiest men among his countrymen. So, being a little logical, let alone appreciative, isn't a bad thing.
His 'luck' has little to do with his nationality though I agree there are many talented Nigerian footballers (professional or otherwise) who would love (and deserve) to be in his position.

IMHO one man logic is another man's imposition; is it above you to enter the logic of a sick and betrayed goat who knows his fate (on the dinner plate)?

IMHO Agali appreciates the depth of 'his' club's betrayal.

By valuing (overating?) himself, his talent, by understanding his own behaviour and where all of this has got him, Agali can use the privilege he has earned to determine his own future.

For me, by demostrating his independence against his taskmasters, however illogically, Agali has acted in a way too many of his 'unlucky' countrymen can appreciate and this, ultimately, is a powerful signal of maturity.

"...the Igbo pattern of social behaviour idealised egalitarian, selfish and anarchic pursuits, with due respect, of course, to age and tradition. It emphasised the independence of the will, leading to the amassing of wealth. The struggle for wealth was the central dominant feature of social life...He was fully expected to work hard and well. It was morally permissible for him to manipulate others in his accumulation of wealth."

Professor Okwudiba Nnoli (in 1978)

"Better to be without logic than without feeling."

Charlotte Bronte (1816-1855),

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Re: the ego of a goat

washingtone17 said:
If that was the case, then we would all have 'live' with what we had the day we were born.

I said live with what we HAVE got, not what we HAD got. He can't be Agali and expect to be paid like Zidane. But none would be the same if they hadn't tried hard from the day they were born.

As for the second part of your post, I thoroughly agree with it. But applying all of those ways to one's career can ruin it. I repeat, if Agali is happy, I don't have a problem whatsoever.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thine Kingdom come...

Rafo said:
I said live with what we HAVE got, not what we HAD got. He can't be Agali and expect to be paid like Zidane. But none would be the same if they hadn't tried hard from the day they were born.
You can be Agali and ask to be paid like Zidane! The expectation being that you don't get (offered) Zidane's wages - something less than that - yet get (offered) higher than what you are getting now.

(if you get what I mean...:rolleyes: :confused:)

What we have (or even what we had when we are born) is not always the best signal of what we want nor how we are going to get it.

Agali could get higher wages at another club.

He could quit football then become destitute.

He could invest the money he has already earned into a financially viable business, which could reap further rewards (or make him bankrupt).

Whether happens to him, whatever happens to all of us, one thing is guaranteed: we will take nothing in death - not even the luxury of an extra breath!

I hope Agali's application of "all of those ways" gets him what he wants. If he does then "all of those ways" will have performed the addition feat of warming at least one individual's heart from a great distance and despite their cold terrain.

Peace and understanding

ah yeah!
My favourite goat proverbs!
You are free to dispute their relevance(!)

"Sweet nanny goat have a running belly". It's a barnyard analogy akin to the grass is always greener, but much coarser, noting that the sweet foliage avidly sought out by the nanny goat gives it diarrhea (running belly). It's a blunt way of warning someone off temptation - Jamaican Proverb

The Languid Goat Is Always Thin - source unknown...

An old he-goat does not sneeze for nothing (old men speak the truth with a lot of experience and deep reasoning)

When will the goat be strong enough to kill a leopard.

Even an old woman may run when a goat carries her snuff-box.

Antagonism is not good for fowls, and it is not good for goats; worse still, it is not good for human beings.

The goat that cries the loudest is not the one that will eat the most.

One goat cannot carry another goat's tail - All Nigeria Proverbs

Nobody gathers firewood to roast a thin goat - Kenyan Proverb

If you put a silk dress on a goat he is a goat still. Irish Proverb

A prudent man does not make the goat his gardener - English Proverb

Last and most apt: If the beard were all, the goat might preach!- source unknown.

I could go on...

Peace and understanding.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Living people

1978 births
MKE Ankaragücü footballers
F.C. Hansa Rostock players
Footballers at the 2000 Summer Olympics
Living people
Nigeria international footballers
Nigerian footballers
Nigerian expatriate footballers
OGC Nice players
Olympic footballers of Nigeria
Olympique de Marseille players
Ligue 1 players
FC Schalke 04 players
Sporting Toulon Var players
Skoda Xanthi F.C. players
Kayseri Erciyesspor footballers
Jiangsu Sainty players
Süper Lig players
Superleague Greece players
Nigerian expatriates in Turkey
Fußball-Bundesliga players
Expatriate footballers in Germany
Nigerian expatriates in Greece
Expatriate footballers in Turkey
Nigerian expatriates in Germany
Expatriate footballers in Greece
Expatriate footballers in France
Nigerian expatriates in China
Expatriate footballers in China
2002 African Cup of Nations players
2004 African Cup of Nations players

:heart:

I just hope Agali is that understanding and intelligent...
Henry Frankenstein in Frankenstein (1931) said:
Look! It's moving. It's alive. It's alive... It's alive, it's moving, it's alive, it's alive, it's alive, it's alive, IT'S ALIVE!

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts