Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has come to my attention that looking back, Raul and Morientes in the 98/99 season had 44 goals between them, with both of them in form but not fully developed. To think what these guys can do next year on a world class side with excellecnt people setting them up. Just think about that.

[This message has been edited by labas (edited 25-05-2000).]

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Yep, they're the future of football!!! Sorry I had to edit your message Spaniard, but you wrote Anelka instead of Mori and we all know that's what you wanted to do :)

·
Registered
271 Posts
No, i think he meant Anelka actually.
Was he not talking about Nicolas's season with Arsenal combined with Raul's season at Madrid?
Maybe you are right Labas, but it's not for you to decide what Spaniard meant to say, i'm sure he knows it better than you.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My apoligies. I indeed meant anelka. Between the 2 in 98/99, they scored 44 goals between them. Yes Oly, combined when anelka was at arse and raul at real.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Boy am I unlucky or what? It's quite some coincidence, sice Raul scored 25 and Mori 19. That equals 44, so I was absolutely positive he was talking about this. Damn :( And like R&B said, you don't have to be so pushy Oly :( I was thinking logically and I just messed up. :)

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
really scary thought!!! SPANIARD, how can you come up with this idea since Anelka played in England in last year, where has a different tactic and quality league?
And what make you blind on Mori? Wasn't he who raised Real to the second place at the end of 98/99 season?

And yes, did you guys really go to see what Anelka just said? What a "frank talk"! IMO, it is absolutely a "freak talk"!
"I am not a defender...I just played for it because it is a CL final.....if Real still ignored my real role--which is a central forward, I will leave here, bla, bla, bla..."
to read more details on: http://www.soccerage.com/en/13/22281.html
He is not the one who we shuold put our faith in, realize that! I still stand my old statement: to sell him as soon as possible!

PS, rumor again! Juve may pay 90 billion lira for Anelke.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Maybe the old "thing" will come true - by that I mean EXCHANGE --> Anelka for ZiZou! hehe, boy would I take that?! A dream! :D Anelka is a great guy, sometimes though. Why the hell is he now not keeping his fuc*in mouth shut!? I don't get it. leave it be Nic~! and let it be :)

P

·
0 Posts
There was an indepth interview and report with Nico on TF1 (France) this morning. The 30-minute report went from February until this week. Covered his missing in action.

First, I respect him immensely as a player and I understood some of his points when he complained about his treatment.

HOWEVER....
This guy complains about money and how he's sick of it and he doesn't want to hear about money and to stop bringing it up. Let me tell you about this guy. He goes back to his Paris suburb to see his mates (and it's not glamorous, it's a ghetto) and as he pulls into the parking lot with rusty, half-dead cars next to public housing that looks half-way abandoned, he gets out of his cherry red Ferrari. I find that to be a bit exaggerated.

They showed his house in Madrid...huge yard, big swimming pool.

While the report was meant to be positive, I left thinking "if Nico doesn't like to talk to reporters, it's because he can't communicate". His French is not very good. =)

Finally, he goes on and on about the Press in Spain and England and how it won't leave him alone and talked about going to PSG. Doesn't he realise that the press here will attack him too and never give him peace?

He kept saying, as does his brothers, that he gets what he wants and he is stubborn and gets it or he leaves. That's not very mature and he needs to know that the world doesn't work that way....

Very frustrating to watch. He seems to have very little discipline...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts