Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since there is a height of tension in the middle east and in israel, many players are refusing to play or negotiate with Israeli teams due to the height of violence that is going around today.

Many have seen that teams and players refused to play in Israel even if there is height of security measure and neutral grounds for the game.

Do you think that these sorts of things will hurt the coming year of 2002/2003 with Player trades, Inter Toto and UEFA's?

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
First of all more worrying then that is the fact that right now none of our European represenatives are allowed to play in Israel. Sure, UEFA said they'll examine each case differently and the final decision will be made one week prior to each game, but looking what is going on here I doubt that it'll change. The Israeli teams are starting to prepare for hosting their home games in Cyprus (GSP stadium which was used by Hapoel Tel Aviv last season). With that being said, be sure they'll all try their best to reverse the decision, but I am not holding my breath.

Now, regarding foreign players: Yes, it will hurt. It has already started to happen, if you read the rumours thread, A polish striker named Holts who was supposed to come for a trial with Be'er Sheva and 2 Yugoslav and Argentine players that were supposed to do the same with Beitar won't be coming due to events in the last days. Be sure not many quality foreigners will agree to play here (and Sandor said it himself from Hungary last week: Noone will come to your country) unless it's guys that have already played here in the past or current players in Israel. Would it decrease the quality of our teams? Perhaps, but on the other hand it'll give a chance for our youngsters to prove their worth, since let's face it, most of the foreigners who come here are mediocre and only a few are real good (when was the last time we've seen someone in the calibre of Rosso arrives?)

·
Registered
16 Posts
I think that whether foreign players will come to play in Israel are hardly our biggest worry.

BTW, I didn't understand beforehand that at least most of this forum members don't actually live in Israel.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maccabi,

Actually no!

Only me and Hrevivo live in the Western Hempishere, while Japanese lives in the far east hemisphere.,

Other than that, HaimRevivo1 lives in Europe while Jones5,Raful,you and Raanan and pretty much everyone else, lives in Israel!

But 98% of the people on here have some formal connection or lives in Israel for more than 5 years!

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Maccabi, of course it's not our biggest worry but since this is a soccer forum we're discussing the aspects of soccer that are being affected by this..

And yes there are around 5 'abroad' posters here as far as I know - Hrevivo, Kappa, tapie, Japanese and berko. And then there are Non-Israeli posters who visit the forum whenever something interesting is going on (Hapoel Tel Aviv's success in Europe attracted some Slovenian and Hungarian fans for example). :)

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Remember, there is also some other people such as King Italy and IVO who join us, not to mention Jose Luis Pierre and some intruders who aren't welcome, but.........

you know

1 - 6 of 6 Posts