Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is hwat youc all an old fashioned cup tie :)

It will be cold, it'll be wet.. it'll be muddy. If we play football we will win, but we'll have to battle for the first 15 minutes at least.

Our team isn't the strongest...

Makelele, Desially, Mutu, Duff are all out. Hence Olivera, Huth, Kissel and Olivera are included in the squad :0 - all good players btw. Manu Petit is back (finally) :star: and we need him badly so we can give Makelele a rest and it also gives us another option cuz Maka can't pass.

Score?

Scarborough 0 - Chelsea 7

(Gudjohnsen 4, Hasselbaink 2, Huth 1) :)

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Why is Mutu out? I doubt it'll be 7-0. I say 3-0. :)

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Ha ha ha ha ha! 1-0. :rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
That wasnt a football pitch, it was a weapons testing range! Why does the FA allow a match to occur on a ground like that anyways?

Passing was so difficult and playing long balls up was the best option.

Lampard could have had a hatrick if it wasnt Saturday today :tongue:
They were lucky to not have let in a few more, and we were lucky not to have Gallas' handball cost us. ;)

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
polaris said:
That wasnt a football pitch, it was a weapons testing range! Why does the FA allow a match to occur on a ground like that anyways?
that's the beauty of the F.A.Cup,seeing pampered millionaires have to play on a cow field,hopefully they had no running water in their changing rooms as well,complete with a big hole in the roof pissing in rain. :D

it was a great shame last year when the F.A. allowed Farnboro to play at Highbury,i would have loved to see Henry and Vieira battling it out in the mud and nettles.

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
12,813 Posts
Chelsea's shooting needs an overhaul, there were countless chances to go further up, namely Lampard. At one point he had 3 chances in 5 seconds and missed them all.

Scarborough had a legitimate penalty turned down, but those you see givena nd not given. Unlucky for them on the day.

But at the end of the day, cup games are all about winning, not the goal diff. 1-0 is as good as 10-0. Same result, you go through.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Balis-of-Steel said:
Chelsea's shooting needs an overhaul, there were countless chances to go further up, namely Lampard. At one point he had 3 chances in 5 seconds and missed them all.

Scarborough had a legitimate penalty turned down, but those you see givena nd not given. Unlucky for them on the day.

But at the end of the day, cup games are all about winning, not the goal diff. 1-0 is as good as 10-0. Same result, you go through.
Lampard's a good shooter of the ball one of the best in the prem. The thing is he overdoes it sometimes. The person i'm sick off is Joe Cole.. he runs at people and hits a tame shot. Play someone in, that's your job.. do it.. fine. Also Makelele cant shoot at all... and Jesper struggle sometimes. Duff has a good shot though, as does Veron and Petit.

·
XCC Winner 2001
4,440 Posts
That shot from Lampard was spectacular. He really is one heck of a player I reckon. :star:

That goalie from Scarsborough, Leigh Walker, had his shirt signed by the Chelsea players at the end.
What happened next? His mother washed the shirt and all the signatures are removed now :wallbang: :D

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Michel said:
That shot from Lampard was spectacular. He really is one heck of a player I reckon. :star:

That goalie from Scarsborough, Leigh Walker, had his shirt signed by the Chelsea players at the end.
What happened next? His mother washed the shirt and all the signatures are removed now :wallbang: :D

This is true ;). However Chelsea have sent him another one ;O.

Lampard is good isn't he.. come on leaps and bounds in last two seasons when he was rather ordinairy. Go Lamps :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts