Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just thinking that it'd be very cool if a Scandinavian league would be formed. As all our countries are pretty close it's easy to fly to each city. It is a shorter flight to for example Oslo from Helsinki than it is from Helsinki to the north of Finland to play RoPS.

Finland, Denmark, Sweden & Norway would all have 4 to 5 clubs in the league & then in each country there would be their own league without the 4/5 teams in the scandi league. To be promoted into the scandi league the best team in the national league must be the worst team of every country in a play-off. The looser drops into the national league.

The question is would this league benefit scandinavian football or would it harm it. It would certainly be a victory for the fans of the BIG clubs but the teams outside the league will loose interest & sponsers & less people may be interested to play for them.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I think it would benefit Nordic footy, but still it would have to be considered weather the traveling is worth it. If there is a player with fear of flying who is supposed to fly from the suthern of DK to the very top in Finland, He prolly wouldnt be able to travel the same distance by car in short enough time. and he would be forced to sit the game out.
Also I feel there would have to be a prise fall in the travelling by plane, if the away supporters should attend. I know I dont have the kind of money to travel with flight to Helsinki twice a year and some times to Norway and Sweden 'just' to see the Game Between Brøndby and HJK. :rollani:

I think there should be a league like champions league, every year for the nordic countries. It would also benefit the quality of the leagues, but wouldnt be as demanding as the Scandi League.

The Idea has been close to beeing a reality, but I dont know weather the Idea is forgotten or their still working on it!.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They said something like this before that a league would be made with teams from :

Finland
Denmark
Sweden
Norway
Belgium
Holland
Scotland

That's what I heard. That idea wouldn't ever work but a Scandinavian league might work out. The only problem would be for the Nordic teams to fly and for their supporters. I think it would be easy. Finnair or SAS could be the official carriers and give discounts to travelling clubs & official supporters if the airliner could have the right to sponsor the league. So the league might be called the Finnair or SAS Scandinavian challenge or something.

·
Registered
710 Posts
But still, the price of a plane ticket to Helsinki from, let's say Billund(Jylland, DK), would still be much, much more expensive than what the avarage supporter can afford(if he's sceduled to go to all games). And If Finnair and SAS could afford such a discount visitors, or main travelers could buy a HJK scarf and say they were on their way to HJK stadium too. that way, not paying as much money. so I think theres a problem either way.
The airlines ofcourse could offer a membership for away games, for supporters. but then again, that would be more than the avarage supporter can afford. IMO. :(

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kee, I guess you're right but I am still of the opinion that it would benefit Scandinavian football. The FA's of Finland, Denmark, Sweden & Norway should sit down & discuss how the league should be arranged etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts