Xtratime Community banner

Scandinavian Dream Team

2K views 51 replies 19 participants last post by  Catire 
#1 ·
Pick the best eleven you can put together with only scandinavian players.

Try not to be too biased. :thumbsup:

#2 ·
GK:Niemi
RB:Helveg
CB:Hyppia
CB:Laursen
LB:Riise
CDM:Gravesen
RM:Ljunberg
LM:Gronkjaer
CAM:Kahlenberg
ST:Zlatan
ST:Gudjohnsen

Subs:
GK:Jussi
D:Andreasen
D:Agger
M:Rosenborg
M:Gamst Pedersen
F:Tomasson
F:Larsson

#3 ·
Iceland and Finland are not part of Scandinavia but the Nordic Region.

Here's my team:

GK: Isaksson
CD: Hyppiä
CD: Mellberg
Wingback: Östlund
Wingback: Edman
DM: Gravesen
Winger: Ljungberg
Winger: Grönskjaer
OM: Källström
Forward: Zlatan
Forward: Tomasson

#4 ·
Norm is Faroe Islands, and they have a thread.

Here is where Finland and Iceland should post, for they both don't have their own thread in the site.

#6 ·
Really? I haven't noticed...

Btw, Orange. I thought it would be a hard task to be forum moderator, but it's vaery easy :D

I've been recently promoted to the same position in another forum.

#7 ·
This could be a pretty good team. Some of them are not playing on their right positions, but I still think it could work on the pitch.

RB:Edman (I know he should be on the left side, but I can´t see any great Rightbacks in any of the Nordic teams)
CB:Mellberg
RM: Wilhelmsson
CAM: Ljungberg (Has played this position in the national team a couple of times)

#9 ·
And Denmark have some awesome right backs in their league. The two best in Scandinavia are either Dan Anton Johansen or Lars Jacobsen, but I didn't put them so I wouldn't sound so biased :D

#10 ·
Kroldrup said:
And Denmark have some awesome right backs in their league. The two best in Scandinavia are either Dan Anton Johansen or Lars Jacobsen, but I didn't put them so I wouldn't sound so biased :D
---------

Are you drugged out of your mind!!!!!!!!!

Dan :yuck: Arseton :ass: Johannesen would even make it to the line up of any other SAS-liga team then Broendby :thmbdown: :thmbdown: , well these days Laudrup don't even find a spot for him.

Why do you say such thing??????? Is it just cause they are the right back at the two biggest teams in Denmark or why ? :sweeteye:

#11 ·
Kroldrup said:

Well, when i said the Nordic teams i was refering to the national teams. I don´t think two players from the Danish league who are not regulars in the Danish national team, could make a Scandinavian Dream Team.

Oah79// Yeah, I know about Petri Pasanen, but I have to admit that my knowledge of him is limited. But you might be right, maybe he should be in a Scandinavian Dream Team.

#12 ·
No, I actually think that he is very good.

Frederik has posted that he is a good right back, and therefore, I'll believe him.

#13 ·
Yksel said:
Oah79// Yeah, I know about Petri Pasanen, but I have to admit that my knowledge of him is limited. But you might be right, maybe he should be in a Scandinavian Dream Team.
Pasanen has a played decent season after having moved from Ajax and Portsmouth to Germany. Footballing magazine Kicker ranked Petri as the 14th defender in Bundesliga.

#14 ·
Yksel said:
Well, when i said the Nordic teams i was refering to the national teams. I don´t think two players from the Danish league who are not regulars in the Danish national team, could make a Scandinavian Dream Team.
You don't have to play for the NT, you know :rollani:

Thomas Kahlenberg isn't a regular for Denmark, but he is so fvcking amazing when he has a good day. He attracted uinterest from Manchester United...

#15 ·
Kroldrup said:
You don't have to play for the NT, you know :rollani:

Thomas Kahlenberg isn't a regular for Denmark, but he is so fvcking amazing when he has a good day. He attracted uinterest from Manchester United...
Yeah sure. I know what you mean. But usually the best players on each position, play in the national team. I don´t know the players you mention however, so I can´t comment on their quality.

But isn´t Helveg the best Danish Rightdefender? He´s still the starter in your national team? I don´t think he is as good as he used to be though. And Östlund who plays rightdefender for Sweden is sometimes a scarry player to watch. A true fighter, but makes some horrible challenges and passes. I don´t think those two players are good enough really. Do you know who is playing for Norway in that position for the moment?

#16 ·
By the way, who do you guys think are the stars of Nordic football at the moment? This of course is not always the same as the best players. First and foremost, I think you have to be somewhat of a regular in a really big club, to be considered an international star.

If I had to pick the Nordic players who could be considered international stars, it would be Zlatan, Ljungberg, Gravesen and Gudjohnsen. Maybe players like Tomasson and Henrik Larsson could be added, but non of them are regulars in their clubs. Larsson is also injured, of course. Hyppiä and Riiise are big players too, but I wouldn´t consider them to be as highly regarded as the first four I mentioned.

#18 ·
When he played for Manchester City, yeah.

Now, Riise is undoubtedly better.

#19 ·
The Green One said:
Niclas Jensen is a better fullback than Riise.
Wtf? Jensen has never been better. Riise is along with Zlatan, Tomasson and Gravesen, the best Scandinavian player atm. Why do you think he plays the CL final and was awarded the MotM by The Mirror in the semi when Liverpool knocked out Chelsea? Niclas Jensen hasn't even been regular for a struggeling Dortmund ffs.

#22 ·
Kroldrup said:
RB:Helveg
CB:Laursen
RM:Ljunberg
CAM:Kahlenberg

Subs:
GK:Jussi
D:Andreasen
D:Agger
M:Rosenborg
M:Gamst Pedersen
F:Tomasson
F:Larsson
You must be on drugs taking Kahlenberg into the lineup... the guy is too slow, weak finisher, bad at taking quick decisions, no heading ability and i could go on and on.. Maybe he will become something bigger in the future.. but i highly doubt it... Bech from FCK is better.

#23 ·
AAB fan said:
You must be on drugs taking Kahlenberg into the lineup... the guy is too slow, weak finisher, bad at taking quick decisions, no heading ability and i could go on and on.. Maybe he will become something bigger in the future.. but i highly doubt it... Bech from FCK is better.
Don't make me laugh. I'm an FCK fan and I even admit that he's good. He has the highest scoring average in the RL, and was given the prize of Danish NT talent of the year. I could go on and on as well.

#24 ·
(4-3-3)
GK:Niemi (Fin)
LB:Riise (Nor)
CB:Hyypiä (Fin)
CB:Laursen (Den)
RB:pasanen (Fin)
LM:Gamst Pedersen (Nor)
CM:Gravesen (Den)
RM:Ljungberg (Swe)
ST:Zlatan (Swe)
ST:Gudjohnsen (Ice)
ST:Tomasson (Den)

Subs:
GK:Sørensen (Den)
CD:Lundekvam (Nor)
CM:Källström (Swe)
WI:Grønkjær (Den)
ST:Larsson (Swe)

#26 ·
Yes, why not? He is a proven goalkeeper, that has been good for many seasons. He has a been a bit more unstable this season, but that happens to every keeper.

If Thomas Myhre gets to play as much for Sunderland next season as he did this season, and continues his form from the last couple of seasons, he will again be another good candidate. I used to rate Myhre very high, but a few bad seasons, some injuries, and being a reserve in Sunderland didn't help. Now he's been the player on the Norwegian national team the last few matches, he's been excellent for Sunderland, and he's back in the Premier League.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.