Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
59,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunday lunchtime kickoff. Got a terrible record against them in Fryslan and Paauwe, Ono, Saidi + Mtiliga are all slight doubts for the game. Still the young Friezen could be tired after their game against Stuttgart tonight plus they haven't been the most consistant (ie. losing to Vitesse at home) so we shouldn't go up there with no hope of gaining a result.

I'll be interested to see what Gullit's maatregelen will be. Hopefully at least dropping Castelen and Mtiliga for starters. Perhaps even Kalou (Buffel on his spot) and Paauwe (unfortunately not so realistic since we don't have any replacements yet for him :groan: ).

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Just what we need, an away
match against Heerenveen.
;)

No, we need a win and I really don't care how they do it. I'm not satisfied with a draw. Drop Castelen, Mtiliga and Kalou, that should be logical.

·
Registered
59,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ono and Saidi definitely out. Should mean Pascal and Loovens will start.

Rumour has it too that Gullit is considering dropping Babos for Lodewijks!! would be logical imo. Lodewijks has never let us down and on current form, I'd say yes.

------------

btw very sad news :( Seems like Alfred Schreuders 5 year old daughter , Anouk will have very short to live since she's suffering from a brain tumour and it can't be cured medically :( if any of you want to share your thoughts, you can send a card to

Familie Schreuder
p/a NAC Supportersraad
Postbus 3999
4800 DZ Breda

·
Registered
59,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Busy day for Wotte today :D

Dempseys gone back to the US. He apparantly wasn't een toegevoegde waarde for the first team right now and with his non EU status, he'd have cost too much. I guess fair play if that's the case and least it shows we aren't signing anyone for the sake of it, but I just hope that we haven't made a blunder with us hearing that he'll join AC Milan in 2 years time or something :rollani: . Time will tell I guess.

and a new contract for Saidi!! now extended to 2009! you got to love the guy already. Such a pro, who examines his opponents on video before each game as well, but with that agent who basically acted like an ass with Trabelsi, I can't help myself from feeling that we'll be seeing the same type of games in a year or 2 time. I really hope not!

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
Good news about Saidi!

As for this match, I agree with Rataplan, but realistically I don't see us winning this one.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
What a bunch of idiots. There's still a long road to go, some players don't deserve to wear the Feyenoord jersey.

I don't give Patrick Paauwe longer the benefit of the doubt anymore. Mtiliga, this is just a joke. The same can be said of Loovens. Buffel played shitty. I can continue but I won't. The second half was really bad AGAIN.

·
Registered
59,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
man, this feels like a loss :rollani:

Ok Heerenveen deserved to come away from the game with something for their efforts but the way we just threw it away was kidlike, with nota bene our most senior defender and captain constantly fouling.

Then left back, you wonder whats happened to Basto and his verhuizing. Something must have happened between him and Gullit since Mtiliga has been in this form for ages now. Mels van Driel from Excelsior probably would do a better job. But back to Basto, does anyone know what's happened?! or is it cos our management doesn't rate him at all? though that'd be daft since he had a week long trial before we signed him!

Anyways plus points: Castelen playing better. Though that probably had something to do with his opponent, our old friend Rzasa :D

All in all I reckon we'll end 3rd or 4th. I can't see us ending in the top 2 with such a defence. We simply don't have enough quality at the back. Maybe for starters Pascal can be put at LB, but a new RB and CB (Bahia hopefully will be decent) are needed for sure and a central midfielder is needed too for sure since Ono's often injured.

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
After seeing what ruckus my :howler: caused last week, I'll refrain from witty comments today. :mute:

·
Registered
59,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I didn't see the match live. Only listened to it on the radio and saw the highlights but from what I seen, Ghaly got the highest rating of all the players yesterday, a 7 :) one of the few players who are doing well!

http://www.vi.nl/vi/show/id=104814/dbid=123035/typeofpage=40435/sc=9cdacc

btw did anyone see Gert Jan Verbeeks comments? he said he pinpointed Paauwe before the game as THE liability in our defence since he couldn't defend and got Huntelaar to exploit that. :groan:

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
Yeah I saw that. Well he's right, Paauwe has been one of the worst players so far this season and somehow his captains track is standing in the way of where he should be, on the bench.

Another bad game, bad because we were up 0-2. Again Gullit fails to make the proper tactical moves and we end up paying for it.

This is the line-up I suggest for now:

Babos
Gyan, Saidi, Loovens, Basto
Ghaly
Ono, Pardo/Goor
Kalou, Kuijt, Smolarek

I'd drop Goor back to a proper midfield position and put in Ebi on the left. I don't know what's up with Pardo's injury, but he's about the only option we have left, or perhaps we should give Magrao a shot at it. Loovens for Paauwe, not because he's much better, but at the moment everyone's better than Paauwe. Oh and I'd give Kalou a shot instead of Castelen on the right.

·
Registered
59,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Drulo said:
Another bad game, bad because we were up 0-2. Again Gullit fails to make the proper tactical moves and we end up paying for it.

This is the line-up I suggest for now:

Babos
Gyan, Saidi, Loovens, Basto
Ghaly
Ono, Pardo/Goor
Kalou, Kuijt, Smolarek

I'd drop Goor back to a proper midfield position and put in Ebi on the left. I don't know what's up with Pardo's injury, but he's about the only option we have left, or perhaps we should give Magrao a shot at it. Loovens for Paauwe, not because he's much better, but at the moment everyone's better than Paauwe. Oh and I'd give Kalou a shot instead of Castelen on the right.
Which move would you have made were you Gullit in the second half? reason being we hardly had any midfielders on the bench if you wanted to clog that up seeing that we were constantly under pressure in the second half. Only thing he could have done was to make Goor play more in midfield imo. and bring Kalou on more earlier since he's better to play with on the counter than Buffel (who also didn't do much bar the goal)

As for the team till the winterstop I was thinking of more or less the same though I'd keep Lodewijks since he seemed to give his defenders more confidence than Babos did, so I'd have:

Lodewijks
Gyan Saidi Loovens Pascal (since I guess Gullit already doesn't rate Basto (only reason I can think of for his disappearance - would say a lot about our purhasing policyif that is the case since he was here for a week before we signed him) hence him constantly picking Mtiliga)

Ono-Ghali-Goor

Kalou-Kuijt-Smolarek

Magrao I wouldn't yet pick since from what I've seen, he doesn't look ready yet for the first team. Looked unconvincing in Jong Fey - RKC.

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
Take out Buffel and put in Song, since he´s more of a midfielder anyway.

It´s clear that teams are beating us on our own tactics. When we´re the attacking side, we play with 4 players upfront and Ono right behind them, only Ghaly is there to stop a (very) possible counterattack and the thing about Ghaly is that his offensive skills have so far been great, but defensively he can still develop his game.
These tactics might look awesome on paper, in real life, they can only work for so long before we fall down and crash and that's exactly what's happening at the moment.

·
Registered
59,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
or for Goors place, I'd play Paauwe since when he was in our midfield, he was more closer to the full Oranje squad than he is now as a defender, then Goor and Smolarek can compete for the LW spot. This would also be an easier option for Gullit if he didn't want to bench his captain.

As to what to buy. First on my list would be a right back, then a central defender, since Saidi, Loovens and Bahia would be the only ones I'd consider for the CB positions. A midfielder would then be third on my list but we're already getting that de Graaf guy from RBC for next season. Anyone know if he's anything to write home about? read he scored against Ajax but didn't see the game. I hope he's something more creative than Pascal!

·
Registered
59,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Drulo said:
Take out Buffel and put in Song, since he´s more of a midfielder anyway.

It´s clear that teams are beating us on our own tactics. When we´re the attacking side, we play with 4 players upfront and Ono right behind them, only Ghaly is there to stop a (very) possible counterattack and the thing about Ghaly is that his offensive skills have so far been great, but defensively he can still develop his game.
These tactics might look awesome on paper, in real life, they can only work for so long before we fall down and crash and that's exactly what's happening at the moment.
ah yes, I completely forgot about Song! would make more sense indeed

1 - 20 of 24 Posts