Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are said to have an interest in him and he says he's honored.
The scenario was to sign him in order to sell Anelka.
In today's headlines, del Bosque says he wants Anelka.

Any comments?

G

·
Hmmm... I hate to sound like a broken record, but it all goes back to the non-EU problem. :) Not that I wouldn't want someone of his quality.

that's really funny what del Bosque said because just a month ago he reportedly told Sanz that Anelka wasn't a part of his plans.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
I think you're right Pablo, but I personally alos have a lot of doubts about this guys skills. Sure he can be awesome, we all know that, but he is so unprecitable! I mean he scores 15 goals in 15 games and then he goes goalless for the next 15! Plus, we all know he shall be the top goalscorer exeqou with kluivert of EURO 2000, but just how many of those were real strikes!? None! All were simpl tap ins and many credit to Mijatovic and Drulovic who set all of them up. He's a big risk and I don't think we can take it, especially since he's non-EU:(

·
Registered
172 Posts
Savo scored 15+ and than stopped. Well..I think he was blasted with offers...and lost for a minute...His dreams came ...And..he opponents watched him and marked double.
Anelka is good..and expensive...but Henry is 2 x better than Anelka if you ask me...
I would sell Anelka...
I would buy Raul another engine..so he could be at least not slowest player in Spain.:)

G

·
I don't know if Henry is better than Anelka, but he is a lot faster I think. It seemed to me that he is always offsides too.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Henry is not exactly quicker, they're pretty much equal, only he is more skillful. Anelka is indeed much worse than he, but that's life. Wenger is smart, Sanz isn't. And just think Anelka cost 35 compared to 10 mln of henry's abdurd!!!:mad: this has to be the biggest transfer of the year - I mean henry has really exploded as a player, let's hope the same happens with Anelka soon, who is after all 2 years younger:D so we cannot sell him, because if we are to believe the Henry scene - aAnelka will also explode this year at 22/23. Remember - Henry also sucked at Juventus his first year...this is very simular and we should learn on Juves mistakes:)

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In my opinion much of Henry's explosion should be credited to Wenger. Wenger took Henry to Arsenal because he had already missed Anelka. I think he'd never have both of them, not that he wouldn't like it, but he also had to fit Bergkamp somewhere...

The Italian teams have a history of making similar mistakes labas. Inter with Roberto Carlos, Milan with Kluivert etc.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Yup, Hala, that what I wanna say...All French strikers will do well under Wenger...I didn't mean that Wenger is superior to del Bosque, but he knows all the ways to dig out a French-player's potential.

As I always believe, Anelka is NOTHING special (Henry as well), but Wenger in Arsenal made him (them) looks good......so we got a stupid deal:(, but we shouldn't be so rush to make another statement about Anelka because we don't have much money to lost (as those Serie A teams)...therefore, by now (I wanna get rid of him ASAP before), I tent to want Anelka to stay at Real next year.

About the Milosevic rumor, the BIGGEST problem is that they overpriced him...according to AS, they asked for 4000 millions pestas (about $23M) for him...IMO, he is good, but an inconsistent forward isn't worth that much. And Anelka is much more younger, time will tell, give some patience to wait for him to shine.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
If we waste another 23 mln $ on a player who has just become famous, I will simply kill our board of directors! Tjose guys must be mad! Milosevic isn't even young! Absurd is all I can thinkl of!:mad: and :confused: and :mad:

G

·
Well my friends, here's the latest from http://www.onefootball.com (usually pretty accurate)

Milosevic's Real move edging closer

Tuesday 4th July 2000

Yugoslav striker Savo Milosevic, who recently finished joint top scorer in Euro 2000, has agreed terms to join Real Madrid – but his present club Real Zaragoza are still to approve the deal.

Milosevic confirmed last week that he had received an offer to join the Champions' League winners next season and that he was flattered by the approach.

And he has now had his wage demands approved by the Spanish giants. Milosevic said: "I gave my conditions and Real have accepted. The only problem is in Zaragoza. I believe that everything will be OK, because my manager is taking care of all that."

While on holiday in Belgrade, the Yugoslav striker told Spanish daily Sport: "I'm very happy that Real Madrid are interested in me. My representative already knows what I've decided. He is free to negotiate because now I only want to rest."

After Yugoslavia’s 6-1 mauling by Holland, Milosevic met with his agent Zoran Vekic in Rotterdam to discuss his future.

However, while the 26-year-old former Aston Villa striker would be delighted to join Real, he also feels obliged to Zaragoza. "We'll have to wait because I've always said that I've still got two more years on my contract at Zaragoza and my future is in the president's hands. He'll have the last word.

"I'd prefer not to mention this question, because I wouldn't like to have problems with anybody, especially the Zaragoza fans who always treated me fantastically."

The Serb, who has scored 26 goals in 51 internationals, was
understandably deflated after crashing out of Euro 2000, but upbeat about his own performances.

"I'm very content with my contribution, but letting in six goals with your national team is very, very hard. I didn't expect us to finish up like this."

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
:)That's what we are discussing about, Milosevic or Anelka?
And all Real supporters tent to keep Anelka...
Also, from that article, did Milosevic mean that he like Zaragoza too much to leave there :).... well, this is still just a rumor, far from the done deal....

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Oh, boy we're in trouble if Savo comes in for 23 mln $! SH|T! are those guys mad!? 23 mln $ for someone 26 years old! That's crazy! He's not even a star! Baljic was strange, but this can be Baljic x 2! :mad:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts