Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this guy have absolutly right about this..! not just 'dirty tricks'.

"I think the best way of beating them would be to play three strikers.
"Whether it was because they are not used to playing against three strikers I don't know. Playing with a big man and two quickies is the way.

thats right three strikers can beat our three back!! if not anyway the will give them alot of problem's..! we have always played against two striker like "Salas and Zamorano" or "Santa and Cardoso"
i think this is true because i have seen this I in real, and I have played in video games against three striker's it's much harder to defend than two strikers..!! this is argentinas weak point..!
and i know we have backupp like Sorin and Zanetti this two is very defencive to...! but anyway my point is that this guy Savage saying is absolutly right..!!

Attachments

·
Registered
271 Posts
Savage thinks the team that played Wales was the real thing. He's highly mistaken.

But the irony is that England's physical pacey inpatient game is a particular strength that can cause Argentina problems, more so than Italy or France ever could. The Argentine defence is used to a patient build up commonly faced in Seria A or la Liga, but like when Owen got one-on-one with Ayala in 98, Englands fast offensives can cut right through them.

However, apart from England and the scandanavian teams who play similar football, I dont see the need for Argentina to change their formation. Their usual formation is ideal against teams like Italy.

This is a great article, very tactically oriented:

http://football.guardian.co.uk/worldcup2002/story/0,11224,651410,00.html

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
leg100 said:

but like when Owen got one-on-one with Ayala in 98, Englands fast offensives can cut right through them.

Hmm Owen :eek: Huh him I don't know, but I'm sure that Samuel will step in him :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
271 Posts
I'm sure Samuel will be useful against England, but in any case, complacency would be detrimental to Argentinas cause.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Samuel will crush him like a prune..

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
a prune? :eek:

I don't think I want to see that!:cool:

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Really, since we have this favourite tag on us, which we deserve, after the way we have been playing for the last 2 and a half years, everybody wants to beat us...hmmm... we'll see.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I still believe England require special attention from Bielsa. Not because they're old enemies, but because of the clash of traditional tactics. I can see Bielsa changing 3-3-1-3 to something more defensive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts